Just uploaded 1997 Weber Product Catalog DE GB IT FR

Chris,

I love that you are getting these additions to the collection here. I brought home a small German catalog but also a pretty thick book that, based on Google translate, seems to be aimed at the retailer NOT the customer! After a second or two of hesitation, the kind folks I visited at the store there gave it to me when I inquired whether they had a catalog they could share. You can see the catalog they gave me behind them and to the right.

I will do my best to get some scans to you for posting.

XM4vBOb.jpg

That brochure has a couple of interesting things that I see. First, I thought 1996 was the first year when weber went with Durawood and I thought it was across the board...but I guess not as shown on the Genesis 1000/2000. The platinum does have the durawood.

The second thing is that the Genesis 1000/2000 with wood have the table slide bars which I thought were only on the durawood grills. I have never found a 1000 with wood and the slide.

Oh, and can we assume they didn't make the 3000 and 4000 in 1996?

Last edited:
There was a comment the other day about wood tables in the 1998 Genesis brochure I uploaded the other day. That brochure, while not marked for the European market, was included with this 1996 charcoal/gas catalog. Is it possible Durawood came to the US market earlier than the European market?

Chris: after looking closer at the brochure, I am wondering if this is indeed a brochure for the 1996 model year. If you look at the bottom of the last page, you will see it says 1996, but at the very end, it looks to me that the brochure was printed or published in November of 1996 (11/96) which to me would say that it was printed for the 1997 model year grills. Or am I looking at this wrong?

There was a comment the other day about wood tables in the 1998 Genesis brochure I uploaded the other day. That brochure, while not marked for the European market, was included with this 1996 charcoal/gas catalog. Is it possible Durawood came to the US market earlier than the European market?

Yep, I think you are right there Chris. I notice the brochure was targeted at Europe and the English in it is actually GB English and not US English.

Chris: after looking closer at the brochure, I am wondering if this is indeed a brochure for the 1996 model year. If you look at the bottom of the last page, you will see it says 1996, but at the very end, it looks to me that the brochure was printed or published in November of 1996 (11/96) which to me would say that it was printed for the 1997 model year grills. Or am I looking at this wrong?

I think you may be right. I'll make a correction.

Chris,

I love that you are getting these additions to the collection here. I brought home a small German catalog but also a pretty thick book that, based on Google translate, seems to be aimed at the retailer NOT the customer! After a second or two of hesitation, the kind folks I visited at the store there gave it to me when I inquired whether they had a catalog they could share. You can see the catalog they gave me behind them and to the right.

I will do my best to get some scans to you for posting.

Jon, if you need some help to translate from German to English let me know.

Something I had never seen before (not surprising, I have a somewhat limited history with Weber), was the compact versions of the 18"/22" kettles. Until now, I never knew those existed.

On that Jumbo Joe Premium, they kind of take the Jumbo Joe and put it on a regular 18" kettle set of legs. I personally think it looks a little awkward and would rather have a regular Jumbo Joe.

Stefan,

Thank you so much for the translation offer:cool:! When I can finally find time to scan the pages, I would love to share a few of the key ones so that we could get a decent translation to include with the actual page and text. Google is way better than nothing, but it can give some comical results sometimes!

Back