Weekend Pot Roast

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Even though we're cruising along in the mid 80's, Pot Roast really sounded good. I had a nice little 3 lb. chuck roast that I brought back from our last trip to Oregon. We always hit our favorite butcher shop while we're there. Got some great looking hanger steak and outside skirt too, but those are for another day. Here we go.

I wish I'd bought a couple of these.

enhance

Coated the roast with flour, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika and ground black pepper. Browned in our large cast iron DO.

enhance

enhance

Placed roast on some quartered yellow onions and topped with a "pinch" of freshly chopped garlic.

enhance

Lastly, I whisked together, onion soup mix, beef broth, beef consomme, red wine, and Worcestershire Sauce. Poured mixture over roast, covered and let it roll for two hours.

enhance

Took a peek.

enhance

Added carrots and new potatoes. Gave it another hour.

enhance

Almost done.

enhance

Removed roast and veggies and drained cooking liquids to make gravy.

enhance

Plated it up with some nice fresh biscuits.

enhance

Tasted wonderful. The meat was fall apart tender with nice beefy flavor. We're ready for Fall! Thanks for looking everyone.

Cliff, your posts look like I’m looking at the pages of a elite level cookbook, and this one was no different! All I can say is WOW, WOW, WOW! Great looking roast, and stew.
Thanks for posting
Tim

Cliff you just cooked up one of our favorites when the weather gets cool here. Nothing better than pot roast for cool weather comfort food. Your looks absolutely fantastic, wonderful cook.

Mid 80s, wow we went from the low 90s to the 20s in about a week. Just about 7am here and it's 25*

Last edited:
Yumm! that certainly looks like a great meal! Our store s haven't been carrying roasts any more. Really hard to find. :confused:

Cliff, I think that I've decided to get rid of all of my grill related cookbooks, and if I ever need a recipe, I'll just thumb through your posts here! :) Another great meal, well documented, sir! My wife is not a big fan of pot roast.......but she's out of town this week. Perhaps my daughter and I will just have to give this one a spin!

Thanks for posting this up!

R

Back