Meatball Pie on the Weber

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
I did this cook before everything went dark up here for a week. It just sounded good as well as fun.

Recipe called for the crust to be made with pizza dough. I made a standard pie crust instead. Spread a little olive oil and chopped garlic on the crust and gave it about 15 minutes on the Weber kettle. Did this ahead of time and let it cool

enhance

Softened some yellow onion followed by some chopped green, red and orange bell peppers.

enhance

enhance

Placed some thinly sliced mozzarella on the bottom of the shell.

enhance

Some marinara sauce and then 2 lbs. of meatballs. (pork and store bought)

enhance

More marinara and the onions.

enhance

Finally, more cheese and the peppers.

enhance

Topping.

enhance

On the grill.

enhance

About done.

enhance

enhance

This was quite a bit of work but worth it when we sat down to eat. Probably will do this cook again with beef meatballs next time, pre-cooked. Thanks for looking everyone! Hope you all are having a great weekend.

The meatball pie looks incredible, Cliff! Glad to see you posting. Have been worried about you and all the others on the west coast. Hope the fires finally subside.

The master strikes again! That meatball pie is fantastic.
The best part is you guys are okay, our adult kids live in California and they tell us that it's really scary what's happening.
Hope all goes well for you.

The meatball pie looks incredible, Cliff! Glad to see you posting. Have been worried about you and all the others on the west coast. Hope the fires finally subside.
I'm gonna go with what Ed said!
Good to have you back safe and sound.

Holy moly that looks good, Cliff! It's like a meatball deep dish pizza! Gotta try that one!

R

WOW!!! Cliff, you did it again way over the top. Fantastic job and send a piece this way please. Will have to give tat one a try. Glad everything is ok with you and the family.

Back