Costco pit smoked brisket kit

I just added it to our Costco list for tomorrow. II don't know if it will be at our store, but will certainly check.

I grabbed one of those last weekend and brought it to a potluck. My original plan was to grill something but 50mph winds put a stop to that. I'd report how it was but I didn't try it. Hopefully the other people at the event enjoyed it.

Well, we (wife and I) didn't make it to our usual Wednesday Costco stop, so I didn't get to check our local store. We might go in over the weekend.

We picked up the slider kit yesterday at our local Costco, (1 hour north of Philadelphia) and tried it last night. Chris was pretty much dead on with his review. We trimmed some fat of many of the pieces when they were cold and cut some into smaller sizes. The slider rolls are small and we had enough brisket to make two full size sandwiches on hamburger rolls. We did find plenty of pieces with bark in our kit. As for the taste, Chris nailed it. This isn’t as good as we get from our WSM but it’s pretty darn good. Both our sons got married this year and family gatherings have become larger. Given how easy this is to prepare, I can see buying two or three of these and placing them out for everyone to serve themselves. One thing I really liked is the sauce didn’t overpower the taste of the meat. Like Chris, Nancy and I give it a thumbs up!

Back