Need 3D printed Case for Heatermeter 4.2

NeilHeuer

TVWBB Fan
Hey all I was hoping someone can print me a 3d case for a heater meter 4.2 with a Raspberry Pi Zero (meaning there is no Network Port on the one side to leave out) and I think there might be some other difference.

Let me know.

Thanks!

Neil

It would have to be created, since there's no public model for a HeaterMeter 4.2 case that doesn't have USB / Ethernet ports on the side. It could probably be created somewhat easily by taking Tom's design and just removing all the holes though.

It would have to be created, since there's no public model for a HeaterMeter 4.2 case that doesn't have USB / Ethernet ports on the side. It could probably be created somewhat easily by taking Tom's design and just removing all the holes though.

Anyone know what software or tutorial to follow? I need one too, happy to do the work but haven't done this before.

I've used Fusion 360 to make changes to the case before. It is a pretty popular bit of software for doing 3D printing modeling and it is incredibly powerful since it is a professional-grade product. A license to use it is free as long as you promise that you're a hobbyist and won't use it at a company that has more than $100,000 in yearly revenue. Autodesk has their own people who put out tutorials, but since it is used by so many hobbyists, there are a lot of third party tutorials on youtube as well. The only drawback is that they have drastically improved the product over the past 3 or 4 years so a lot of the functions in the UI have been reorganized or renamed.

I'd take a stab at making the case you want but I don't have it installed on my computer currently.

I've used Fusion 360 to make changes to the case before. It is a pretty popular bit of software for doing 3D printing modeling and it is incredibly powerful since it is a professional-grade product. A license to use it is free as long as you promise that you're a hobbyist and won't use it at a company that has more than $100,000 in yearly revenue. Autodesk has their own people who put out tutorials, but since it is used by so many hobbyists, there are a lot of third party tutorials on youtube as well. The only drawback is that they have drastically improved the product over the past 3 or 4 years so a lot of the functions in the UI have been reorganized or renamed.

I'd take a stab at making the case you want but I don't have it installed on my computer currently.

Awesome, I'll give it a whirl. I used to play around with 3d modeling stuff a LONG time ago and have done some limited 3d printing, so not completely useless I hope.

Back