The jawhourse

Yah, i have a rockwell and got it for Christmas last year. I used it all summer on all of my rehab projects and it was indispensible. I wonder how I got along without it the couple years before that.

I would not shy away from the HF one. In fact, I have a feeling they are both made in the same factory, just to slightly different specs.

BTW: I did get mine for $99 on clearance at the local Menards.

For those of us up here in Canada, I have a King Canada version which is identical to the Triton in the US. They are only $99.99 Canadian $ at my local BMR hardware store. ($67 US) Like the others are saying, don’t know how I got along without it.

I just bought a Worx Pegasus a few days ago instead of the Rockwell. Oh well. So far it's working well.

Does anyone know if the rubber pads inside the jaws is replaceable. I am well on my way to destroying mine and know that another summer or two or use and I will be wanting to replace them. I suppose I could fab something up, but I would rather just find replacements made to fit.

Between grinding and using it to hold stuff I am welding, mine are getting tore up fast. I do see they can be found on line but the best price I can find is $50 and up for two rubber pads. Sheeeesh!

That would be a potential concern about the Harbor Freight version. Unless those rubber pieces are actually identical to the Rockwell, good luck ever getting replacements. I actually like Harbor Freight and maybe that isn't fair. I would just doubt their parts support would be very solid. On the other hand if you spring for one of their warranties you might be able to just get a whole new one!

Jon, the rockwell ones are the ones that cost $50 and up for replacement rubber pads.

Jon, the rockwell ones are the ones that cost $50 and up for replacement rubber pads.

Bruce, that is a crazy, rip-off price. I guess my question is do you think you could you even find replacements for the HF one?

If I had to guess Jon, I think maybe they would be identical to the Rockwell. I have already decided when it comes time to replace mine, I will be cutting up an old bias ply trailer tire or fabbing them out of something else.

Thank you Jason in CA for posting the Harbor Freight Franklin Hands free portable work station.
It was $149.99 here, I took a picture of your coupon and it saved me $50.00 bucks.

Lb4iifb.jpg

This has nothing to do with BBQing, but this helped me build some temporary pump skids that i needed ASAP.

From this..

YkUJpYK.jpg

To this in a short amount of time.

TaHvWh5.jpg

Well i did work up an appetite doing this today, so a few racks of lamb, some spuds and asparagus were in order.

You're Plate.
LNfH6CA.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if they would let you use a 20% off coupon in addition to that sale price.

Jeff: Can you share your thoughts on the quality of the Franklin Jawhorse?

Back