Need size of fitting that threads into manifold/regulator Genesis E-310 side controls

Dean W

I just picked up a Genesis E-310 side controls that is LP. I am going to convert to propane. I know the correct spuds and regulator are required for the conversion. I just noticed that the fitting that screws into the bottom of the manifold and connects to the regulator is missing. I know it is a male to male connector. Is it a 1/8 npt male to 3/8" flare male? I measure the hole in the manifold with calipers. It is around 0.350" minor diameter. I can't tell if it is tapered. Doesn't look like it. So I need the fitting size & type (npt/straight/regular 3/8" thread, etc)? thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Dean:
That is the correct fitting, but re-reading your post, I'm a little confused. Was this grill natural gas and you are converting it to propane? If you can still read the label inside the base cabinet, it would indicate which gas the grill was originally set up for. If there is a circular cutout in the bottom of the cabinet and a tank scale, it probably is already LP and you would just need the fitting, and a regulator and hose assembly. Only variable would be if whoever owned it before changed the orifices. If it has been converted to NG then the orifices also would need changing for propane.

I just picked up a Genesis E-310 side controls that is LP. I am going to convert to propane. I know the correct spuds and regulator are required for the conversion. I just noticed that the fitting that screws into the bottom of the manifold and connects to the regulator is missing. I know it is a male to male connector. Is it a 1/8 npt male to 3/8" flare male? I measure the hole in the manifold with calipers. It is around 0.350" minor diameter. I can't tell if it is tapered. Doesn't look like it. So I need the fitting size & type (npt/straight/regular 3/8" thread, etc)? thanks for your help.

LP is propane. So exactly what are you converting from/to or to/from? Re the fitting. In both cases the fitting is the same. 3/8" tapered fitting. So in the case of a NG grill simply unscrew the hose and the new LP regulator hose will go right in place. The issue is regulator and orifices not the fitting

LP is propane. So exactly what are you converting from/to or to/from? Re the fitting. In both cases the fitting is the same. 3/8" tapered fitting. So in the case of a NG grill simply unscrew the hose and the new LP regulator hose will go right in place. The issue is regulator and orifices not the fitting

The manifold is missing the fitting. When the previous owner removed the hose, they removed the fitting for some reason. I didn't see that until I got the grill home.

Was just the 1/8x3/8 connector missing or the hole for the fitting? How was the NG fitting attached? I am kind of confused now. Maybe a photo would help?

Was just the 1/8x3/8 connector missing or the hole for the fitting? How was the NG fitting attached? I am kind of confused now. Maybe a photo would help?

The fitting is missing where the hose attaches to it. The hole is in the manifold.

Yah, then you just need the 1/8" npt x 3/8" flare fitting to connect to a propane hose/regulator.

Back