Party Q

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
Well I finally bit the bullet and ordered the Party-Q controller for my 14.5" WSM. I've been on the fence for several years. The WSM is pretty rock solid, and I've never had a problem holding temps. Guess I just want something to play with, lol! Coming via snail mail so hopefully in a week or so I'll be able to report on how it works with the 14.5" WSM.

My PartyQ arrived yesterday. Hooked it up to the 14.5" WSM. Now I just need to do a cook. Hmmm Wonder what I should do.

48988734507_51800d5433_c.jpg

48988734492_9af5d4eb7e_c.jpg

48988537601_d5d662ef1b_c.jpg

Thats the one I almost bought when I was looking for a controller. I didn't get it because it was buttery powered. I was afraid the batteries would be going dead in the middle of a cook.
I'm sure you will love it. It's easy and hassle free and works. Which means it will probably get used a lot

Thats the one I almost bought when I was looking for a controller. I didn't get it because it was buttery powered. I was afraid the batteries would be going dead in the middle of a cook.
I'm sure you will love it. It's easy and hassle free and works. Which means it will probably get used a lot

The battery power feature is why I bought it. We dry camp and there is no power source available (I would hate having to run a generator all day just to smoke meat). Once the batteries that came with it go belly up I will be using rechargeable AA lithium ion batteries. I don't anticipate any power failure issues during long cooks.

The battery power feature is why I bought it. We dry camp and there is no power source available (I would hate having to run a generator all day just to smoke meat). Once the batteries that came with it go belly up I will be using rechargeable AA lithium ion batteries. I don't anticipate any power failure issues during long cooks.

They all operate on 12 volt adapter, and you can get a 12-volt lithium-ion battery cheap off of Amazon.

So they all....can operate on battery power. A few people run only on battery not to drag extension cords around. Battery can last many cooks.

Last edited:

Back