Pork loin

Riki Barulich

TVWBB Member
I'm gonna smoke a boneless pork lion today. Picked it up for .99 cents a pound. Plaining to cook at 225 to IT of 140. Gonna do a simple rub and glaze half way through. Will slice up for eating or sandwiches. Any tips or other suggestions as I have never cooked a pork lion before?

I cook pork loins a lot.
I LOVE thin sliced, soft, smoky loin.

Little fat....much higher meat yield for price than other cuts where you get 40%......and cheap too!

But you got to thin slice it...for it to be real tender in a thick sandwich. Bacon and pork loin....reasons to buy a good meat slicer.

I would cook it at ~ 300-325 , just like oven, if you want any bark . Only going to 140 , you wont get any at all at lower temps. And it will only take 2.5 hrs for 5-6 lb loin.

And you cannot beat just salt/pepper/garlic imo.

This was a single full loin from costco. Dont remember wt, probably about 14-15 lbs

k6AxTimD_o.jpg

ee14xaCX_o.jpg

0iP0LlUD_o.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for the ideas I think I will smoke at a higher temp, about to on in about 30 mins. I hope mine looks like your guys pictures. Thank you agian
Riki

If you are not going to make sandwiches, you could do a "Z" cut on it and stuff it. I've used basil pesto and feta. Also apple butter with sliced apples. A Z cut is about 1/3 way down cut to about 1/2 inch, then 2/3 way down cut from the other direction to about 1/2 inch. Then lay it out flat, you may wish to pound it down slightly. Then apply what you prefer stuffing it with and roll it up and tie it. Then do your rub on the outside.

I cook pork loins a lot.
I LOVE thin sliced, soft, smoky loin.

Little fat....much higher meat yield for price than other cuts where you get 40%......and cheap too!

But you got to thin slice it...for it to be real tender in a thick sandwich. Bacon and pork loin....reasons to buy a good meat slicer.

That looks awesome, Martin -- both the cook and the slice.

Our fave is on a good hoagie roll with sharp provolone, garlic sautéed broccoli rabe (or spinach) and some roasted red peppers. Mmmmmmm.

Jeff

That looks awesome, Martin -- both the cook and the slice.

Our fave is on a good hoagie roll with sharp provolone, garlic sautéed broccoli rabe (or spinach) and some roasted red peppers. Mmmmmmm.

Jeff

That sounds great.

my wife cook some pork loin roast in the oven basically stuffed with a garlic paste and coated with garlic on top and stuff also and it's garlic garlic garlic and it's great.

Back