How about a wifi/bluetooth controlled, charcoal gravity grill?

I'm trying to figure out how it can get flames under the cook grate with charcoal in a chamber on the right side?
If you use briqs, that better be a large ash catcher!

GravitySeries560_fan.png

I'm trying to figure out how it can get flames under the cook grate with charcoal in a chamber on the right side?
If you use briqs, that better be a large ash catcher!

No, you shouldn't be getting any flame or ash into the cook chamber.

Personally, everything I've seen from Masterbuilt has been built a little on the light & thin side. Then again, my gravity fed has 1/8" skin, a firebox built out of 1/2" plate stock, 2" thick fully insulated walls, and weighs about 1,200 lbs. Add a zero to Masterbuilt's price for mine, though.

It's cool, but they're taking all the fun out of grilling/smoking!
Phil,
I agree, but in no way are they marketing this for the smoking enthusiast that believes half the fun is the journey, not just the destination. Their market is the tech savvy “I can’t live without staring into the warm glow of burning data (their phone) every 30 seconds.
Tim

A grill for learning no skills. Perfect for the younger generation.
I have a several grills such as that except the gravity feeder is yours truly. LMAO
Truly how lazy do people want to become?

As a side note, I found the video and link on FB, posted there by Kingsford.
You have to wonder how worried charcoal companies are about the influx of pellet grills.

I can see where this is going and who it will appeal too. The tech hungry younger folks who have to have the latest and the greatest technology. The ability for companies to profit from the next generation of grillers. Looking at my local Home Depot which still has at least 75 gas grills being Chinese tin to Weber's lined up in the front of the store most selling at half their retail price and still going nowhere.
From cars that drive and park themselves to set it and forget it grills, it's the future like it or not.

As a side note, I found the video and link on FB, posted there by Kingsford.
You have to wonder how worried charcoal companies are about the influx of pellet grills.

Well if what I'm hearing is true that here in Yavapai county the fire districts are thinking of banning open flame fires and charcoal use permanently due to the ever increasing fire danger.
This would be in campgrounds and residential use and of course all the forest areas here. It doesn't bode well for the Kingsford's of the world

Last edited:
<shrug> I built my monster GF because I was getting very very frustrated with my horizontal offset's temperature control and it's lack of grate sq. in. I'm now concentrating more on the food and not having to babysit the smoker so frequently.

I watched the video and got really excited, and then I watched the Facebook live video and came down a little. I still think it’s cool. I emailed the company inquiring about it. It’s innovative if nothing else. I’ve owned a pellet grill and sold it already. It just doesn’t appeal to me. I like that this uses charcoal, which I prefer, but the price point puts it at middle of the road. Kudos to masterbuilt for trying something kinda new.

Back