Odds and Ends

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
I've done a couple of odds and ends posts in the past but I noticed my older posts are now blurred out and watermarked by Photo Bucket. Anyway, here's number 3.

Cured and smoked a half pork belly, Bob's way of course.

enhance

enhance

Smoked some cheese. If it's any good I'll smoke more for Christmas. This is Geryere, Provalone, Gouda and Medium Cheddar. Apple for smoke.

enhance

enhance

Did a spur of the moment baby back cook. Not the best ribs I've ever done but we managed to polish them off. Just took a couple of pictures.

enhance

enhance

Well, that's it. Had fun with all three. The bacon is sliced and bagged and in the freezer. The cheese is bagged and in the fridge for a couple weeks. Thanks for looking everyone. Baseball and Football tonight. Looking forward to both.

All good looking cooks, Cliff! My favorite is the bacon. You got perfect color on that half slab! I'm over in England on vacation this week, with no access to a grill, but I may grab some farmers market goodies and cook us up a meal worth sharing here.

Let us know how the cheese turns out.....one of the things I've seen here that's been on the "to-do" list for many years! :)

Rich

Some nice cooks Cliff, got some bacon and Canadian bacon curing that I will be doing next week. Won't be posting it as I have done that already.

Cliff, that's some good eats for sure. Please let us know how the cheese turns out.

I'm over in England on vacation this week, with no access to a grill,

Hey Rich.... nice of you to hit my post while you're on vacation. Let's see, Chico last week and England this week. You get around. Hope you're having a great time. Cool enough here to finally get to use my BT Proofer. Baguettes today, sourdough tomorrow!

Hey Rich.... nice of you to hit my post while you're on vacation. Let's see, Chico last week and England this week. You get around. Hope you're having a great time. Cool enough here to finally get to use my BT Proofer. Baguettes today, sourdough tomorrow!

Glad you finally have a chance to give that proofer a workout! Hope you like it! Where else would I spend my downtime after hoofing around London all day? :) I'm hoping I can share a master butchery class experience with all of you, but still working out the details thus far.... :) We're over here visiting my oldest who is doing a semester at University College London. We haven't seen her since early August, and won't again until Christmas. Seemed like a good excuse! ;)

R

Back