Scott Thomas of Grillin'Fools shot in road rage incident

Thanks Bob, what a terrible thing especially with children in the car! I hope they throw the book at the idiots!
I like his site too, one thing “Crostini” IS the plural a single one is a crostino but, they never serve just one, go figure? Hey they’re Italian what do I know.

Last edited:
Nine years ago Scott got a cease and desist order from Weber when he approached them about donating a product for a charity completion.
https://grillinfools.com/blog/2010/06/18/grill-manufacturer-that-shall-not-be-named/

"However, with respect to your website we have a few concerns. First, your use of our trademarks, namely “Weber” and “Weber Kettle” in your “key words” banner on the left side of your home page is misleading. Clicking on these trademarks takes one to a random recipe that you are promoting, rather than anything “Weber” or “Weber Kettle.” Not only is this an unauthorized use of our federally registered trademarks, it is very confusing to any visitor to your site who clicks on these key words to gain information on Weber. Please remove our trademarks from your site, and confirm that you have done so."

Nine years ago Scott got a cease and desist order from Weber when he approached them about donating a product for a charity completion.
https://grillinfools.com/blog/2010/06/18/grill-manufacturer-that-shall-not-be-named/

"However, with respect to your website we have a few concerns. First, your use of our trademarks, namely “Weber” and “Weber Kettle” in your “key words” banner on the left side of your home page is misleading. Clicking on these trademarks takes one to a random recipe that you are promoting, rather than anything “Weber” or “Weber Kettle.” Not only is this an unauthorized use of our federally registered trademarks, it is very confusing to any visitor to your site who clicks on these key words to gain information on Weber. Please remove our trademarks from your site, and confirm that you have done so."

What does this have to do with your OP?
Color me confused.:confused:

Tim

What does this have to do with your OP?
Color me confused.:confused:

Tim
I guess not a darn thing, Tim.
Thought it might interest some about how he was treated by Weber after promoting their products for years.
So you're saying we need to stay on topic with our posts. :p

With all due respect to Mr. Thomas and his family,
I found the connection to this board, and the letter
from Weber to be more interesting than the original
road rage story.

I guess not a darn thing, Tim.
Thought it might interest some about how he was treated by Weber after promoting their products for years.
So you're saying we need to stay on topic with our posts. :p

No disrespect Bob, but you start a thread one way, and then add that, and things start going sideways making it harder to read.:)

Tim

Back