Smoked Bone Marrow Butter - Amazing !!!

BrianCal

TVWBB Pro
Ok, so decided to try something I saw on Guga Foods YouTube channel - check it out if you haven't already.

Smoked Marrow butter, got a nice bone from my butcher, had him cut it canoe style. Cold smoked it, let it rest overnight. Scooped the marrow out, blended it with some nice Kerry Gold butter, garlic, bacon crumbles and scallions

hNOx907.jpg
[/IMG]

Li9LV5T.jpg
[/IMG]

Gm7L0Ym.jpg
[/IMG]

Had some friends over, made a nice steak dinner with grilled lobster tails.

Lqg2JXm.jpg
[/IMG]

XiNMFES.jpg
[/IMG]

SdKgEeB.jpg
[/IMG]

2Wz57aM.jpg
[/IMG]

4TmBjej.jpg
[/IMG]

qQhSjGr.jpg

Paired it with a wedge salad, nice twice baked potato, and a delicious Cabernet..... YUM !!!!

WOW!!! Brian you nailed that one. Fantastic job and everything looks so delicious. Thanks for sharing it with us.

I must say, it was pretty amazing. The butter added a very complex, slightly smokey flavor. Hard to describe, but the flavor that marrow adds to beef is just amazing, and, there’s bacon !!!

That looks amazing. I've been to a gastropub where you could get the bone marrow as an appetizer. They brought it out looking just like your first picture but with bread points and you just spread the marrow on the bread.

Brian,
How long did you cold smoke?
Looks like I will be seeing good cold smoking weather this week so it’s getting close to “next project” status.

Brian,
How long did you cold smoke?
Looks like I will be seeing good cold smoking weather this week so it’s getting close to “next project” status.

One hour. Didn’t really know, took that as an educated guess since that’s how long i smoke cheese. Then left it in the fridge overnight, just like the cheese.

That looks amazing. I've been to a gastropub where you could get the bone marrow as an appetizer. They brought it out looking just like your first picture but with bread points and you just spread the marrow on the bread.

I thought of that too, but if I did I would probably hot smoke it, get that nice gelatinous texture

Back