Nlcs

JimK

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Good luck to your Cards tonight, Bob C. But I hope my Nats whoop 'em. ;) Should be a very good series.

Thanks, and good luck to your Nats!
If we can't go all the way, then I hope your team does.
So happy the Dodgers are out of it, wish the Yankees were too. :)

This must be about baseball. I just put my diamond backs world series hat once in awhile along with the Cub world series hat and remember the good old days. Haven't watched a baseball game in about 15 years along with now the NFL, just can't take it anymore. Just a bunch of felons making millions of dollars and can't behive like decent people. Oh there is many good players out there, but it's the idiots that get the press. I'm done
Sorry for the rant but, I'm not alone.

Last edited:
Come on Rich, there's no felons in baseball. Football maybe.:p
Congrats Jim! It's tough to win a game with one hit, and by a pinch hitter to boot.

Tough loss yesterday Bob, but I still feel the Cards will prevail. I like the Nat's too and and will always be grateful to them for eliminating the Dodgers, but I think St. Louis is the better overall team. Good call on no felons in baseball. Wouldn't it be something.... the Blues and Cards winning it all this year?? We'll see.

Cliff, you might have more confidence in the Cards than I do right now. They need a win today, big time.
As far as the Dodgers, I wonder if Mary Hart and Clayton got together after the game for a good cry. :)

PS, good to see you posting again, hope your blackout wasn't too bad.

Thanks Bob. Our power came back on late yesterday morning. We were out 2 1/2 days. We're all electric too. Anyway, we're up and running now. No new fires yet either, at least on our end of the state.

Come on Rich, there's no felons in baseball. Football maybe.:p

Your right Bob, I should have clarified I was referring to the NFL not baseball, lots of great guys in baseball and the NFL. I've been a diehard Cubs fan all my life and lived long enough to see the get rid of the curse of the goat and win a world series. ;)
But I did get curious after seeing all the football players in the news that had been arrested.
What I found is that 28% of the players in the NFL are convicted felons, how accurate that is I can't say.

Congrats JimK, and all other Nats fans!
Hope they win the WS, and hope it's against the Astros. They should be well rested, a key will be keeping that edge with the down time.

Congratulations to the Nationals! I don't have a strong affinity towards any of the teams in the playoffs (Rockies fan :p), but I would like to see the Nationals play the Astros. I think that would be a great matchup for the WS.

I have to say, that first inning last night was stunning. The Nationals had complete control of that field, and the Cardinals had no answers. The Nats' have really proven themselves in the post season this year. When they are on, they are completely dominating.

A very surprising outcome to this series. It seemed the Cards just went cold after that butt-whooping of the Braves. Some strong hitters on that team. I'm not sure if I'd rather be going against NY or Houston at this point, but enjoying the ride. Kinda feels like a couple years ago when the Caps won the Stanley Cup. They started the season (and the playoffs, actually) pretty rough that year, but pulled through.

Tommy Lasorda once said....

“No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games.
No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games.
It's the other third that makes the difference.”

Back