Cold, wet, but, not too windy!

Timothy F. Lewis

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
After the less than stellar barbecue from the joint in Grant, AL. Followed by some truly masterful pork in South Carolina, I decided that I really had to smoke a nice butt! Yesterday was as glorious as one could have asked for sunny and 70 degrees. Today, not so much, rain on and off but, not a lot of wind. Story of my life, day late and a dollar short!
Fired the WSM about 5:30
9:45 eastern time,
Butt-124 Pit-250 BP-pretty good!
Well, so far, so good! Wind has been mitigated as well as possible (plywood barrier), rain has been excused from the party (big umbrella), pit temperature is surprisingly stable so, I think I can go to bed and not be too worried about it! Yay! Fingers still crossed though.

Last edited:
Welcome to my world, getting ready to do some bacon and pulled pork, Canadian bacon so what happens, it's in the 30s and windy as hell. I just can't buy a nice day of weather. Will get trough it but will hate every minute of it.

I feel for you Rich! You’ve had some less than accommodating weather for the last.... forever!
It will improve!
Edit/update
The smoke went really well, over night something woke me up about 4:00 so I checked the thermometer and temp was falling so, I got some clothes on and recharged the fire with about four shovels of fresh KBB and went back to bed. Didn’t touch a thing until after I had coffee about 8:00 monied vent adjustment and let it roll.
Just took it off, foiled, toweled and in the cooler.
A friend gave us a “Blue Apron” box that they were not going to be able to use and I looked at the “reflectix” liner which ended up being just about the right size to fit inside an old Omaha Steak foam cooler so, I trimmed it to fit a little bit better and yay!
Now the sun is trying to peek through, of course.

Last edited:

Back