Ribs on the kettle

DavidDiQuattro

These are the best rib results I’ve had. I did a rack of spareribs that came split (Butcherbox). Umami seasoning with a few other odds and ends on the rub. Brushed with clarified butter and gochujang mixture toward the end, which added a lot of great flavor (other half rack brushed with butter and rib candy to be less spicy for the kids). Three hours on the Weber kettle at about 250-275. Really tender but they had a good bite to them.

https://flickr.com/photos/118051926@N06/sets/72157711267830567

Last edited:
Looks fantastic, David!! Nice work!

48872771806_13e2c81cc6_k.jpg

Ribs look great, nice bark on them. How do you like the clarified butter? Do you guys (and ladies too!) notice any difference between clarified and regular?

I use the clarified butter mainly because my son has a milk sensitivity. It’s also nice that it’s liquid even when it’s cold/room temp, so you can just toss it into a mixture easily. I like the flavor but can’t say that it’s a huge difference over butter.

The smoke point of clarified butter is much higher since you remove the solids(for baked potatoes) So, the value in using that is a good thing in high heat cookery. Think of the vats of “clarified buttah” Graham Kerr used in the old Galloping Gourmet” Show! It’s a fabulous product, well worth the effort! Make twice as much as you think you will want, stores just fine.

Back