O my my rib eye

Gene Brownson

TVWBB All-Star
We went to a apple harvest festival in PA Sunday and boy was I in for a education. I first smelled this amazing smell and followed my nose at 8:30am to the stand that was selling...wait for it....waaait fooorrr ittt...RIB EYE SAMMIES!!!! They sliced the rib eye about a quarter inch thick, grilled them on the grill very quickly. I had mine in the “egg mcbob” version, two eggs over medium with the thinly sliced cooked to perfection rib eye steak with yellow American on a mini hoagie roll that was grilled also. My my my rib eye of my eye. I will be getting the butcher to slice a few of my favorite and in my opinion the best steak, rib eyes to the 1/4” and be doing these in the future. It was the best thing I’ve had in a long time and was different.

That sounds good Gene. Barb and I split a 1 1/2" ribeye when we cook them and we slice it thin, we always have some left and we usually make a au jus sammie for lunch the next day. Going to try a rib eye McRich in the morning the next time we have a rib eye for dinner.

Back