Piggy Tenderloin and Sprouts

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
Got back early enough from our trip to Chico that I had time to hit the store for some good dinner eats. I was planning to roto a pork loin, but my local grocer was out of loins (expecting a delivery tomorrow.) So, I shifted gears and picked up a 2-pack of pork tenderloins. The brussels sprouts looked nice and fresh (from just over the hills by the coast in Half Moon Bay), so I grabbed me some of those. I'm not as talented as Cliff, so I only know how to fire up one grill at a time! ;) Cooked everything indirect until it was time to sear the tenderloins, then put those over the fire for about 1 minute per side. Tenderloins got some Dizzy Pig Red Eye Express, and the sprouts got some veggie oil, garlic powder, and some DP Dizzy Dust.

After flip #1 for the t-loins:

48856424678_eb6eff2378_z.jpg

T-loins searing off, just about done on side #2:

48856424683_b5ac965872_z.jpg

Close up of the sliced pork (a bit pink, just like I like it!):

48856424558_e7fdc1be1c_z.jpg

We served this up sided with the sprouts and some basmati rice (my current favorite.) No plate pics, so you'll have to use your imagination.

A simple weeknight meal on a weekend! :)

Rich

Looks really good Rich, haven't done any tenderloins in a long time, have to change that.

Looks really good Rich, haven't done any tenderloins in a long time, have to change that.

I agree with Rich Rich. Poor tenderloin gets overlooked and they’re such an incredible blank canvas. They take rubs and marinades wonderfully.

Terrific looking cook Rich. Those sprouts just jump out at you. Do they still have the world's biggest pumpkin contest at Half Moon Bay? Hope your trip to Chico was fun. I was going to suggest you take a drive up through Paradise while you were over there. Then I thought it might put a dark cloud over your weekend. It's pretty sad.

I agree with Rich Rich. Poor tenderloin gets overlooked and they’re such an incredible blank canvas. They take rubs and marinades wonderfully.

Couldn't agree more, JR! While I do love a good loin roast with some fat on it, the tenderloins are a close second for me. Rubbed or soaked, they always please the family (as long as I don't overcook them!)

Terrific looking cook Rich. Those sprouts just jump out at you. Do they still have the world's biggest pumpkin contest at Half Moon Bay? Hope your trip to Chico was fun. I was going to suggest you take a drive up through Paradise while you were over there. Then I thought it might put a dark cloud over your weekend. It's pretty sad.

Thanks, Cliff. The pumpkin weigh in is coming up on the 14th! Chico was great, the kid is fitting in well, and very happy. I've driven by Paradise several times since the fire, and I think that I've decided I just don't need to see the aftermath in person, so I just keep heading down 99.

Keep on cookin'!

R

Yum! The juice on the plate in the sliced shot, Drool!!! You knocked the cook on this one out of the park!

Back