New/Old Silver-B owner in SFBay

HunterWimmer

Hello... just picked up a new/old red Genesis Silver-B here in the San Francisco-Bay area. It's our first Weber... our previous grills were small infrared models: Solaire, etc.

The previous owner did a great job starting the rejuvenation process... but I'll probably take it apart and strip everything down in the spring. Currently, playing with ceramic briquettes atop the flavorer bars and have some grill grates on order. We purchased this over a new model from MHP which also uses ceramic and sear-grates ... and saved about $1000. ;) ...

Question: Has anyone tried the briquettes? Grill-grates? I'm hoping to get super-even heating and fairly easy clean-up ...

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3QcVPBhPDL/

Last edited:
Welcome to the group. I have never used briquettes in a Weber. I am curious about it though.
What exactly would they do that the flavorizers do not do?
Love my GrillGrates. I doubt you will find anyone that actually has a set that has a bad
word to say about them.

The idea of the flavorizer bars is to do the job of lava rock kind of material. I can’t offer any opinion on grillgrates but, there are some varying opinions on them.

Welcome to the boards, Hunter. That's a fine looking grill you got there! Last year, my wife gave me the ok to buy a new grill but like you, I decided to save $1000 buy getting a used Weber S320 to complement my class Genny 1300LX.

Back