95 Genesis 1000 - New Igniter kit - not "reseting" after first click

MatthewS

TVWBB Member
Installed the new igniter kit. Every time I push the button it works then resets to be pushed again. However, once the grill is put back together and I use the switch to hit the igniter, it only works once, then I get a "mushy" button and nothing happens. I've adjusted the nut to various settings but am not having any luck. Anyone else run into this? Thanks.

Hmmm, something seems to be binding. Not sure what though. What happens if you loosen the nut completely? Maybe spray a very little bit of penetrating oil into the button area and see if that helps. Just a little though.

After further investigation, I've found the problem. I put on a new rocker switch before the igniter. The rocker switch is exactly identical to the old on. On the underside of the switch, the plastic makes a T and where the plastic extends deeper, it meets the ignition button. With everything on the grill aligned correctly, the plastic on the bottom of the switch does NOT align with the igniter button and it goes between the points where it meets. If I move the top "tray" (place with writing, hi/lo, etc) slightly off-center, everything works perfectly. Hmmmm....

If you look at the photo, the round part of the igniter button is going into the "empty space" here when the top tray it tight against the grill. Thinking through solutions for this...

oNra2ti.jpg

You could put some spacers between the control panel and the frame on the right side to make the control panel slide over a little bit.

Also, I believe your grill is a 1997 model and not 1995.

Back