Teriyaki Game Hens and Wasabi Potatoes

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Picked up a couple of game hens at the store the other day. Mixed up an Orange-Teriyaki marinade, let them soak for around 3 hours and spun them on my rotisserie. Sided things up with an old Weber recipe, Twice Baked Potatoes with Wasabi. Rounded it off with some quick toasted broccoli. Here's the pictures.

Marinade was some teriyaki baste and glaze, orange juice and zest, scallions and fresh ginger.

enhance

Cooked the potatoes.

enhance

Got the birds going.

enhance

Potatoes stuffed and on to reheat.

enhance

Quick toast on the broccoli.

enhance

Birds getting there.

enhance

enhance

Potatoes done.

enhance

Hens too.

enhance

Plated it up.

enhance

The game hens were delicious. If you haven't tried the Wasabi Potatoes it's a really tasty recipe. All in all I was pleased with the cook.
Thank you all for looking.

Can't remember the last time I did game hens, and I know I've never spun them, Cliff! Looks great, and another CB-inspired addition to my "must cook" list! Heading in your general direction to visit my daughter at CSU Chico this weekend. I'll keep my nose peeled for the smell of good eats! ;)

R

Great cook as always Cliff. Been ions since I've spun game hens, also like the marinade mixture you used for them. Will pick up a couple and give it a try.

Cliff, you can pass a plate of that this way any time. Outstanding cook and love the marinade mixture you used. Sounds very interesting so will have to get Rich to work on that one.

That looks so good that I just bought a rotisserie!

In looking at the photos, I'm guessing you cooked on multiple kettles at the same time for this cook?

Love the color you got on those hens, Cliff! The whole meal looks wonderful. Thanks for sharing so many of your cooks with us.

If you haven't tried the Wasabi Potatoes it's a really tasty recipe.
I want to try Wasabi Potatoes...recipe please Cliff.

Back