Thread: Advice on stand mixer

Advice on stand mixer

Hi I am thinking of getting a stand cake mixer https://thehomedweller.com/stand-mixer/ , but which is the best one ? The Kitchen aid's are so expensive are they much better than the K Mix ones ?
    Last edited by Dwayne Phill; 10-08-2019 at 05:33 AM.

TVWBB Platinum Member Dustin Dorsey's Avatar
    This is probably the wrong thread to ask. LMichaels repairs Kitchenaids as far as I know and might be able to offer more insight. We've got the Kitchenaid Artisan and it's pretty good for what we use it for. I used the meat grinder attachment for sausage.
    22.5 WSM, 22.5 OTS, Smokey Joe, Genesis 1000, Slow N Sear 2.0, Smokenator 1000, Old Country Pecos, Thermapen, Smoke, Maverick ET-732, Igrill 2

I used to have an Oster stand mixer waaaaaay back in the day. I burned out the motor in about 6 months. Replaced it with a Kitchen Aid, and never looked back. We (I) use it sometimes everyday, but at least 4-5 times a week. It has held up very well, and there are a TON of accessories for it, both KitchenAid and 3rd party.

I also have a KitchenAid hand held mixer, which I highly recommend.
    (AH)-Black, ThermaPen Classic-Red, Weber 6707 Deluxe Tool Set, Weber 6645 Travel Tool Set, Weber 6469 Premium Grilling Rack

Check out like BB&B or similar in the CL aisle.
    I picked up a KA stand mixer for half off because it was a return, opened, because the customer didn't like the color ( white )

Tim
    Different smokes for different folks. Wish the Dollar Store sold gas!

Was always partial to the big Hobart floor mixers. Just never enough bucks or floor space. Or need.
    Smokin' away in AK
    22" Red Kettle 2x18.5" Smokey Mountain Genesis Silver B Green

TVWBB Super Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeS in Alaska View Post
    Was always partial to the big Hobart floor mixers. Just never enough bucks or floor space. Or need.
    I used one at a job once. Dumped in big sacks of flour, big blocks yeast, gallons water. It made a big mass of dough.

My kitchenaid overworks dough by time it gets it everything incorporated, makes it too tough . It simply does not do as good a job as hand does. This is critical for tortillas to roll out, so i do by hand. Mixer stays in cabinet, rarely used. Too much trouble for batter, not good at dough. Yeah you can buy all kinds of gimmicks that sort of work....i used meat grinder a lot...works....slooowww.
    Last edited by MartinB; Yesterday at 02:50 AM.