Free Broilermaster

That is an oldie. Controls on the post. Plus says "Warm Morning" on the lid. Could be back as far as the 60's

If it's from the 60's that's amazing that it's still functional. And looks that good. Broilmaster makes some tough grills though. Even tougher than the old weber gassers IMO.

It is about an 85 mile drive, but I just messaged the owner to see if it is still available. I am hopeless.

Bruce,
If that works out, I can probably help with some parts, although it looks amazingly intact. You better look out, I think maybe you are falling prey to collectoritous:eek:!

Oh man, love that grill is the original one. Awesome ����

Yeah, Chris, that really IS an extra special Broilmaster! The cool thing is that I think many of the newer parts would still interchange, and even some of the old ones are available. I hope Bruce lands it;).

I am still on the hunt for some bases at a realistic price. I missed out on a $99 Broilmaster with side burner, full set of tables and a stainless base:(...Have to keep looking!

I did grab it...:rolleyes:
175 miles round trip and this not only after I promised I would never go down that rabbit hole, but I also promised myself that I was done rehabbing for the year and done grabbing grills that I would only have to store for the winter. Well, I broke both of those vows this morning.

So, anyway, from what I can tell, it is complete and in surprisingly good condition if it is indeed as old as some have surmised. Rained all day here and I had to pick up my camper from a rental and I wanted to watch my Vikings play....:mad: So, I haven't gotten a chance to really go over it but I think maybe tomorrow afternoon I will be able to. I has a cast iron bowtie burner in it, and first glance it looks pretty good. Then, there was a steel grate above that, I guess for ceramic briquettes or something like that and it is solid but rust pitted. Then, the grates are HEAVY cast iron and look fairly clean and in what seems to be good condition. There are no flavorizer type bars. Is that normal? How do the burners keep clean? All the wood seems to be there and in really decent condition. I "think" it is all original. The wood handle is in really good shape too. Doesn't seem to be any real structural or physical damage, maybe a couple bolts need tightening is all.

So, I will post some photos or a video of it tomorrow if all works out. I will be hoping for some assistance on this once I get to working on it. Maybe a little yet this year, but probably next spring mostly. So, I hope Jon and some others on here that are familiar with them can give me some tips and advice and answer my questions when the time comes.

I must be nuts.

Cool that you got it. BM uses rocks or ceramic flare buster the part is DPA116 for the larger P3. These sit on a grate. They also have what is called a wind deflector al least the P3 models do. BM site has lots if schematics.

Last edited:
Yes, based on the ad pictures it is “3” model. Even thought it is a very old grill, I assume the grates and burner are interchangeable with the newer 3 models.

When I get out to more thoroughly inspect the grill, what should I look for to make a definite ID on the grill? Is there a data plate or sticker somewhere?

OK, I found it...Right on the pedastal by the knobs. Anyway, I found the model # and Serial # but I could not find much information on it's specific age. The best I could figure is that it is from the later 60's to early/mid 70's. I couldn't find a downloadable owners manual either. If someone knows where I can look up the age of the grill and where I can find a downloadable owners manual, let me know.

Model# G-3TX-PL
Serial# 39379

74tnHk6.jpg

9Z0xF6a.jpg

Last edited:
BroilMaster brand was bought out by Empire Mfg and they are made now in Bellevue IL down along the Mississippi River along with fire places (like the gas sealed unit I had installed not quite a year ago), heaters, gas wall furnaces and so on.
oSsewXg.jpg

Over the years I believe they have gone through 2 or 3 change of hands. One thing Empire did not do is leave the older units to rot into history the way Weber lets their customers down. New burner(s) rock grates and racks will all fit that old tank you just found. They are to be commended for that. So while the styles may have changed slightly on the handles or placement of controls, etc. the ability to keep even a very old one "on the road" is not diminished

So, first off, why do you guys let me go around calling this thing a "Broilermaster" instead of a Broilmaster? I feel like they guys who write the adds on Craiglist claiming the have a Webber or a Gasoline Grill or a Propane "Girl".

So, here are some pictures:

QtDDBdd.jpg

DCg5ucE.jpg

QIK87VQ.jpg

JkqvSAW.jpg

fEX7Fqb.jpg

8jSOf9J.jpg

zQ1BfZV.jpg

hf4vawG.jpg

oF7MyDi.jpg

9xSqdTL.jpg

More to follow

And here is something weird that I found. A "brass" looking piece sticking out of the burner. I am not sure if it supposed to be part of the burner or what. It took a little wiggling to get it out, but it came out pretty easily. Anyone have any ideas?

lO0PrQV.jpg

Back