finally finished the wood performer table

I like it Jim. I am still not sure I need a performer though.

Oh, come on, of course you do!

I’m working on another design for a dedicated Pizzaque station with small units for prepping sauces, grilled toppings etc.
Utilizing my Pizzaque 22, a Smokey Joe, and maybe a Go Anywhere? I have been planning it for quite a while but, the heat requirements for the “Que” component, I think I want to use something more temp tolerant than nice cypress. I’m thinking SS or maybe concrete. Time and finance will determine more of the design.
Where is my cocktail napkin!!?

Lol Tim! I have two OTG’s now and figured a refurbished Genesis Silver cart with the side burner to light the chimney and park my mini WSM on like Rich Dahl did might be a better use of deck space. Otherwise, I Want One!

If I ever get the right design finished in my mind, I’ll let you know what I come up with. The design is getting clearer I must admit. Now, I think I need a cocktail! Then I can sketch on another napkin!

Nice colorscheme with the wood. What types of wood did you use?
Thanks!
Walnut,mahogany,popular and I forget the other. They were all scraps from past project I had done. Anybody have any interest in one of these? Im thinking of making some for sale. Now I have a jig for the size and holes. And the stock cover still fits.

If I ever get the right design finished in my mind, I’ll let you know what I come up with. The design is getting clearer I must admit. Now, I think I need a cocktail! Then I can sketch on another napkin!

Tim-
This idea sounds cool. Although I love doing my pizza in my cast iron pan preheated in the oven. If you get this put together post pics!

Looks great but just had a idea, Hardwood only with a grove cut around the outside perimeter with a drain channel to the end, olive oil to season it with so it can be used as a cutting board for finished meats if you wanted to for serving. at the worst just a nice looking wood table top , so what ya think?

A garbage bag in the can so you could tilt it out and catch the juices or water when you wash it off, dang may have to patent the idea lol

If you do one with a blood groove and plan on using it for serving, mineral oil would better than olive oil. Olive oil will go rancid, mineral oil won’t and is 100% food safe, it will need a fair bit of maintenance though.

Back