i hate meeces to pieces

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
walked down to the shed this afternoon....

QaICORc.jpg

...opened the doors to see this cover on my black and red vintage Weber kettles...

9GnUjVT.jpg

jThJLzb.jpg

qfk6nho.jpg

dsTwFtm.jpg

...those covers were covering these kettles.

6FhEiqP.jpg

the shed is about 12' x 16' and filled with mice and rat poison...

3wMeQ3g.jpg

I really hate mice.

I'll send Whitney our Golden Retriever / Husky / Coyote Mix to help you out. We had a mouse that was living under our kitchen cabinets and we couldn't get rid of it. Traps it ignored and we couldn't use poison because of the dogs. One evening Whit was just laying in the kitchen when Mr. Mouse came out from udder the cabinets.
She just watched the critter the only thing moving was her eyes. The mouse cruised around for a minuet then walked right by Whit's nose... bad mistake. Like a cobra striking Whit had it. No more mouse.

I think the coyotes and foxes here kinda keep them in check plus every once in a while I will hear a screech and see a hawk glide out of the trees. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy when I see little animal bits left around the yard :D
Maybe adopt a barn cat

Have you figured out how the mice are getting into the shed? Need to make it mouse proof. Seal all holes that are dime sized or larger. My shed is mouse proof so it can be done.

Have you figured out how the mice are getting into the shed? Need to make it mouse proof. Seal all holes that are dime sized or larger. My shed is mouse proof so it can be done.
Bill, this shed is a real shed. Worthless to any including homeless. Needs to come down.
It will be replaced soon, still deciding on the new design of the replacement (it will not be a normal looking shed)
THIS is my dream shed.... and it WILL be rodent proof.

PEAgopu.jpg

If you store anything inside that will attract them, mice will get in.

Bird food, grass seed, smokers or grills are just a few attractions and they will chew their way in. Doors are the easiest.

Tim

No such thing as rodent proof. Mice can fit into a hole the size of a number 2 lead pencil. And if the hole is not there they will make it

Bad enough they get under your grill cover...just hope they don't get INSIDE your grill. That's what happened to my Weber Summit 450...took up residence between the cooking grates and the Flavorizer bars. So gross, just use your imagination.

No such thing as rodent proof. Mice can fit into a hole the size of a number 2 lead pencil. And if the hole is not there they will make it
There goes my bubble....

If you store anything inside that will attract them, mice will get in.

Bird food, grass seed, smokers or grills are just a few attractions and they will chew their way in. Doors are the easiest.

Tim
:(now i'm feeling real good about this....

a few years back we took my friends camper van to go backpacking for a 2 nighter in the wind river mountains. When we got back to the trailhead, the car next to us dumped some food on the ground near the van. Mice (we were calling them Kangaroo mice) got into his "new" (to him) van & all the food & water we had stored (a couple days worth) was chewed through & pooped on. We were both a little disappointed to put it mildly, him especially, to have his new 4x4 adventure vehicle violated.

The food in the van was sealed enough that I doubt we'd have had a problem without the extra enticements by these other people.

Put one of these in there Jim, I bet it'd keep them out:

Clint, we have no police force in this village... it is however patrolled by the Racine County Sheriff's Department....
Using this contraption would probably have their SWAT TEAM surrounding my home.

Think I'll pass on this one.
But I appreciate the effort :D

Bill, this shed is a real shed. Worthless to any including homeless. Needs to come down.
It will be replaced soon, still deciding on the new design of the replacement (it will not be a normal looking shed)
THIS is my dream shed.... and it WILL be rodent proof.

PEAgopu.jpg

This is one bad @$$ shed!!

Back