Ribs, Sausage and Potato Salas

Dustin Dorsey

TVWBB Hall of Fame

I decided to cook up some ribs for the Aggie game this weekend. The ribs were good. The team, not so much.

I trimmed these up St. Louis style. I save the rest of the meat for sausage.

Top side of the ribs.

Seasoned up.

Fired up the WSM with Royal Oak Premium and Fruitawood pecan chunks. Ran it at about 225 to 240.

Also threw on some German sausage I pickup up at a meat market in Muenster, Tx.

My wife made potato salad.

Cooked them unwrapped. Glazed them with some Blues Hog.

Ribs and sausage on the cutting board.

Sliced ribs.

Plated.

The ribs turned out really good. They cooked for about 6 1/2 hours unwrapped and were very tender. The potato salad has a nice vinegar bite that cut though the richness of the spare ribs. The German sausage was good with a nice horseradish mustard. I cooked it right, but I just prefer my own recipe hot guts. All in all, this was a fun cook. I just wish the game was better. Thanks for looking!

Looks outstanding Dustin. Nice trim job on that rack and your slicing looks great too. I just ordered a couple of jars of the Blues Hog a couple of weeks ago. I'll be doing something similar over the next couple of days only baby backs.

Dustin, great looking place all around! Just cur, but Is that German potato salad? My mom makes German potato salad and it looks a lot like the potato salad your wife made. I also love the glaze on the ribs, it got me wanting to put some ribs on the smoker this weekend.
Tim

Dustin, great looking place all around! Just cur, but Is that German potato salad? My mom makes German potato salad and it looks a lot like the potato salad your wife made. I also love the glaze on the ribs, it got me wanting to put some ribs on the smoker this weekend.
Tim

Yes, It's a German potato salad. I'm not sure of the recipe. She changes it's up and tweaks it from time to time. It's one of my favorite styles. I'm not a big fan of really mayonnaise-ey potato salads.

Back