First Restore: Genesis Red Head

Robert L in LA

TVWBB Member
Hello everybody. Just want to share photos of my first restoration. I was able to pick this grill up for $40. I fell in love with it the first time I saw it. It needed a lot of work, however. This was very challenging because I did not have most of the tools needed to complete this task. I had to buy tools along the way as I needed them. After it was all said and done it was an amazing experience. Thank you to everyone on this sight that helped me with the many questions I had along the way. You all have been great! I hope to give this to my kids one day. Apologize in advance if my Link does not work. I could not download Imgur to try that method. Thanks, Robert
Link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/fLzCHkfQwDeMkKnr7

Yah, excellent job. It looks like that frame took a big part of your rehab time. But this rehab doesn't count because he had help. I think the two kids did more work on it than you.

Great job! I tagged it to our Genesis 1000-5000 restoration page. Also love the family effort; that makes it all the more fun! My grown sons think I am insane for restoring old grills. If it can’t be done on-line they aren’t interested:p.

Yah, Jon, I have told several people that I rehab Weber gas grills. I have yet to have anyone really give me any more than a "Huh" look before moving on to another subject.

It goes something like this:
"Do you have any hobbies?"
"Yah, I rehab Weber gas grills"
"ohhhhhh....Did you see the game last night?"

Really great job, and really great to get your family on board. Especially nice work on the emblem and the wood.

Slainte!

Tim

Back