Omaha Steaks brisket

Lewis B

TVWBB Fan
Is anyone familiar with their brisket? It retails for 200 (no way I'd pay that) but I can get it with 2 bottles of rub & free shipping for 80. Still twice as much as I have paid @ Costco. My problem is I cant find the prime @ Costco any more.
Omaha does not grade their meat. Their brisket is labeled as competition grade. I emailed them & asked them to define competition grade. I was told basically far better than what USDA can grade.
Anybody ever cooked or eaten their brisket? I'd love to hear some feedback. I found only 1 review online and that person was pleased. Thanks!
Lewis.

I think I’d pass.
How many folks here have gotten ONE piece of beef from there that looked the least bit like the advertisement! They show lovely 2+” filet mignons but every one I’ve ever gotten, has been <1 1/4” so, marketing is just that, selling some overpriced product and “Marketing it” as a special deal. I have enough big foam coolers for quite a while, so unless someone sends me a gift deal, I think they’ve gotten the last of my money
Gee, I guess I’m feeling very grumpy tonight!
Sorry folks!

For the most part, I'd agree with Timothy, although maybe not in the same words. In short, I'll never spend my own money at Omaha Steaks, and yes, I've had them and grilled them. By the time I'm done breaking down a beef tenderloin from Costco and grilling, you'll pick mine over OS. What OS does have is a marketing department. They'll keep on as long as enough people keep buying.

We’ve gotten a couple packages from Omaha Steaks in the past. Their meats were pretty good, but in my opinion, way overpriced! But if you’ve got no other options, then you’ve got no other option but to try it. Out of curiosity, does it (the brisket) absolutely have to be prime?
Good luck, and let us know what you decide to do,
Tim

Thanks for the feedback. I was at a local meat market today and noticed there were several briskets in the cooler. They were 4.99/lb. (About 80 bucks as well) I believe they were choice. (I didnt take them out and examine them)
The briskets do not have to be prime. I have had outstanding results with the 2 I've cooked from Costco, ok results with a choice from Walmart & poor results from a choice from a local meat market. I cooked a prime Saturday night into Sunday for my friends family gathering. One gentleman told me he has had BBQ around the country & this brisket was as good as any he's ever had.
Right now, my wife says we dont need an $80 brisket.☹

Try Restaurant Depot. A KCBS membership will get you in as will a state business license of any sort. r

Bought some steaks from them several years ago. They were OK at best. What I didn't like was they hounded me incessantly, phone, email, for several months after placing the order. A little of that is to be expected but 2 to 3 contacts per say is over the top. Never went back. It was like being pecked to death by a duck.

Back