IF burner retrofit for S-330?

DBabinsky

I scooped a super-clean S-330, but would love to add a IF burner for rotisserie duty.

I'm getting stymied searching elsewhere...

Any advice or direction as to Part #s, sources, or other sage advice... even to just walk away, would be duly noted and greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks!

Weber never offered an IF back burner for the Genesis and I don't think anyone has ever done a retrofit with some kind of aftermarket back burner and can give any advice. At least I have never seen one.
And by the way: If your grill is a 1st gen S-330 with the control panel on the right (not in the front) and with burners running from side to side there is no need for a back burner. The burner tubes running from side to side do a great job when using a rotisserie.

I assumed he was talking about an IR burner until I saw Stefan use "IF" as well. Then I figured it was some other type of burner which I was unfamiliar with.

I did not even think about IF or IR but I guess some people mean InFrared or InfraRed.... Whatever... :coolkettle:

Yah, I was kind of afraid to show ignorance and question that, especially after you continued using it. I thought maybe it was kind of contraption I was not familiar with. IF = IR

t0sG1c6.jpg

Midwest born and raised and I can say that very few use "good" English any longer and I include myself. Using digital communications also leads to a lot of miscommunication and confusion as well. Don't get me started on acronyms and emojis.

Well then what is the answer? Were you asking about an Infrared burner? If so I will add this. IR burners are not all beer and skittles (not as great as some think they are). They're a heat source and nothing more. I would think it would be easier to retrofit a conventional burner across the back with a heat shield that doubles as a wood chip tray to get smoke going in there. I used to have this old Ducane 2 burner (similar to Broilmaster) with a factory equipped tube burner across the back just as I described. I have to say it was as good a rotisserie machine as any bar none. In fact it out performed my Wolf with IR burner. I would think it would not be overly difficult to retrofit say a burner from an old E/W style Genesis across the back. Weber should take heed of this and actually make it

Where across the back are you talking about Larry? Below the grates, above the grates? Below the flavorizer bars?

Above the grates. If it's a conventional burner not too high. No higher than even with the rotisserie rod but if using an IR burner hell because it is actually light waves it cooks with you could even mount it in the lid

Back