Uploading pictures

CGariepy

TVWBB Fan
hey all,

any thoughts on how I can upload pics of my cooks from my iphone?

any advice would be awesome for this less than tech savvy smoker.......

thanks,

chris

You can't upload photos directly to the forum, regardless of desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone. They must be uploaded to a photo hosting service that allows you to share photos in forum posts (not every hosting service allows this) and then you link each photo into your forum post.

I'm not aware of any photo hosting service that lets you do this easily with an iPhone app. If you're willing to do it from a desktop or laptop, these instructions show how it's done using two popular services called Imgur and Flickr.

https://tvwbb.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq#faq_postphoto

I've fiddled around with trying to upload from my iPhone and there currently is no easy way. Its too cumbersome.

It can be done if you have your photos on one of the photo sites. But it involves a lot of back and forth flipping into and out of different apps.

I store all of my photos on Flickr. When I upload from the computer I open two browsers (I also have two monitors) then I can copy the link from one and insert it into the post easily. So I just use the computer to post photos.

I wish that the forum supported Flickr's video format as all of my videos are stored there too. Don't really want to pay to store videos on YouTube when I already have the service with Flickr.

P.S. Just going through some old posts...you asked this same question five years ago! Sorry, no improvement! :D

Yes I did thanks for noting that. I only have pics on my iphone and I think they are stored in the cloud with our Apple service too. I haven't had any of the pics on a laptop in many years. Sadly, I just email and text them from my phone and can't get them on my laptop.

I promise I use my WSM a bunch and love my Performer too. I just can't prove it to you guys.. Maybe someday I'll figure it out. I look most nights at the site and love to get ideas and look at others cooks.

Please keep up the good work for this non tech saaaavvy Michigan guy.

thanks,
chris

Back