Now THIS is what I call a steak!

LMichaels

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Wife and I had been planning for the last month or so that we were going to be up at a place in central WI called Ishnala and meet up with our friends who were going to camp at Mirror Lake State Park this week. But due to the passing of my youngest sister late Friday evening our friends decided to forego camping trip this week so they could attend services so it left the trip in the air. Well we decided since we could not have a wonderful meal at Ishanala we'd have one last night. Bought the Tomahawk Ribeye shown at Costco and proceeded to get the Genesis fired up to full speed. (I did have a container for some Cherry smoke in it). Once up to full heat I turned off the center burner and put the steak on with the outer burners still on high. I roasted it like this for maybe 10 min total than put outer burners to low and closed the lid. I let it roast in there until about 130 or so. Took it off rested it 10 min and tucked in (I got the bone). Honestly beyond the quality of anything else I have ever consumed. Made so called Prime from Sam's (tough stringy chewy and lots of waste) look like dog food. Carving it the knife literally just fell through it. I could have done it with a butter knife! Anyway a pre dinner martini, and a wonderful glass of red wine (courtesy of the Costco box) it helped to soothe out the rough spots the week had brought
60EDFBt.jpg

0Q9s91g.jpg

rXjb1xA.jpg

And ya'll didn't invite any of us.... :)

Looks like a well grilled chunk o' critter, just beyond ready to jump off the plate.

Beautiful rib eye Larry. I'm sure it was excellent, Costco is really good for a chain type store vs. a butcher shop. When we lived in Bullhead city the only thing there was a Sam's and being used to Costco I wasn't impressed.

Beautiful story and pics. You make me want to do a tomahawk soon! We are so saddened to hear of the loss of your Sister; May God comfort and offer strength.

Back