Turkey Breast To Kickoff The Weekend

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Picked up a nice turkey breast the other day. Decided on potatoes au gratin and spaghetti squash for sides. Here's the pictures.

Got to work on the sides first. Two pounds of thinly sliced reds layered alternately with sliced onion.

enhance

Topped with s cheese sauce which included butter, flour, dry mustard, milk, cheddar cheese, gruyere cheese and salt and pepper.

enhance

Halved and seeded the spaghetti squash.

enhance

Rubbed half of a butter mixture (butter, chopped rosemary, thyme and sage, orange and lemon juice and the zest of each) on the breast before getting it on the grill. Should have let my butter soften more but was running out of time. Melted the other half of the mixture for occasional basting.

enhance

Got the breast on the grill.

enhance

After about half hour.

enhance

Squash on for around 30 minutes.

enhance

About an hour.

enhance

enhance

Potatoes were on for 1 1/2 hours.

enhance

---------------------------------
Added butter and molasses to cups and gave 5 more minutes.

enhance

Potatoes took around an hour and a half.

enhance

Breast done.

enhance

Plated it up.

enhance

This cook came out really well. We have enough leftover turkey for hot sandwiches later in the week too. Hope you are all having a great weekend. Thanks for looking!

Quite possibly from an earlier post of yours--or at least from this terrific site--I stumbled on Kettle rotisserie turkey breast a couple years ago. The TB is hands-down one of my favorites because it is simple and full of flavor and picture-perfect. This thread of yours is a reminder that I need to up my game. Yours is PERFECT!

Did you not use your Meater on this one?

Everything looks fantastic, Cliff! Plated shot has got me salivating.:) Great cook and photos!

That plate looks superb Cliff, really like your taters too. Don't think I've ever had spaghetti squash we usually make acorn. But being a turkey junkie I know how good a spun turkey breast can be and the way you cooked that one it had to outstanding.

Cliff, over the top it all looks sooooo delicious. Great plated shot and I also love the potatoes.

Hey Chris, I think you have a new category...
“Cliff’s Latest Goals For Mere Mortals”
That looks like a delightful feast once again!

Back