Stinky Uber

Clint

TVWBB Olympian
had a bit of an adventure last night - my cousin came over to help me pick up a large package, the place was closed, so we decided to go for a hike in the full moon. It was pretty good! Nice view, quite a bit of light so the trail was visible without flashlights.

When we were about halfway down, my cousin said "don't move, it's a skunk!" It looked like a lost yap-dog to me, I held still and I think the thing was about to blow past, but the hill was so steep it was closer to my face than I liked as it was charging. I tried holding still, Roxy went up to it like it was another dog "no!" I said, "back!", but she wouldn't listen. The skunk seemed to be squaring up to me & I bolted uphill, a few seconds later the skunk bolted. Phew! We got away!

I was wrong. We kept smelling wafts of skunk, and when Roxy ran up it was like a brick wall. She wasn't happy......rubbing her face in the dirt, she slid down the steep dirt hill like a penguin a few times.

We made sure I wasn't hit too, and when we got back to the trailhead my truck was locked in!

I didn't feel like bothering anybody, the gate was scheduled to open @ 7am (closed @ 10, we got back @ 10:22). So I slept in the back seat of the truck with the wind whipping all night. I had a rain coat and a thin small blanket.

I'm beat today! My cousin decided to hitch hike home, he got home @ 3:15 :)

70122779_10215199109072966_7786478783673925632_n.jpg

70881783_10215199109352973_3949628964506435584_o.jpg

70430570_10215199109672981_1337774470370164736_o.jpg

69851381_10215199110112992_4034973843033423872_o.jpg

I could've picked the small master padlock in about 30 seconds with my lockpick set (conveniently at home) but not sure I'd like to get caught doing that.

Great story! What an adventure! I like the second picture of the pup looking over the side of the truck. Cute!

I went to SLC last December for the first time ever. I was impressed with the mountains surrounding the city and that so many ski areas were close by. We went to Park City for skiing and had a great time. Conditions were great! I’ll have to go back. I’ve skied Colorado, Nevada, California a bunch of times but had never done a Utah. Won’t make that mistake again!

Great story! What an adventure! I like the second picture of the pup looking over the side of the truck. Cute!

I went to SLC last December for the first time ever. I was impressed with the mountains surrounding the city and that so many ski areas were close by. We went to Park City for skiing and had a great time. Conditions were great! I’ll have to go back. I’ve skied Colorado, Nevada, California a bunch of times but had never done a Utah. Won’t make that mistake again!

I had a pass to PCMR in the 2010/2011 season - I got 19 days in before trying Alpine Touring in the backcountry.... got my own setup, & I've only been back ~5 times when given a free ticket :)

Snowbird's my favorite resort, I'll be unlimited @ Solitude with several friends this year but I also get 7 days @ alta/bird, brighton, deer valley (etc).

We just rode the mid-mountain trail this morning - Deer Valley to Park City Mtn. It'd been years since I hit that.

https://www.mtbproject.com/trail/3588295/mid-mountain-trail

Our youngest son got back Saturday after a week mountain biking near Moab, his second trip there. He plans to go again next year even though it's about 17 hours one way.

Kokopelli trail, grand junction to moab. Ends on porcupine rim trail.... Downhill to moab. Great riding out west, but right coast mountains can be very technical

Back