Anyone think this idea might be worth looking into?

EddF

TVWBB Member
So I am in the home stretch of restoring my very first weber gas grill (will post pics once I finish putting together the swing table) I was thinking, though. I tend to have a tray that I put my food on (the swing tables will hold this) and I usually have a beer in my hand that I put down to flip the food grilling. I had an idea that maybe some theory crafting could help. I wonder if there is a way to modify this: https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07CVBPJQY/tvwb-20 in order to clip over the body of the grill like the utensil hooks do, in order to safely hold your beverage of choice without risk of spilling or toppling over.

Think it's worth trying out?

What kind of grill are you restoring? The Genesis 2000 perfectly accommodates the beverage on the right hand side table, set to the right of the control panel. It's far enough away from the cookbox that the heat does not change the beverage's temperature.

I've got a genesis 1000, so i only have the side table on the left. I wish i had the 2000 for the extra space

The other thing I do is I'll put my beverage on a nearby ledge that is further from the grill. Where are you planning to put the grill? Is there anywhere to make a little shelf or ledge nearby? I think the drink holder anywhere on the grill would be a bad idea. I wouldn't want to attach it to the frame for fear of causing frame rust.

And people think I drink too much?!!!

Super Glue a rare earth magnet to the holder and slap it on the frame anywhere you want! It’s a friggin beer holder!

I generally have both hands full by the time I get out there so a beer has either just been emptied before I get to the grill and subsequent beer has not been removed from ice.

Just sayin’
Perspective pal, perspective.

Last edited:
The magnet idea sounds great. Otherwise, you could look on the right edge of the control panel You will see two screws into the control panel. If you care to use that and mod in one more screw, you could have a more permanent solution. But, I really think the magnet idea is great unless you are drinking one of those 32oz cans of beer.

And people think I drink too much?!!!

Super Glue a rare earth magnet to the holder and slap it on the frame anywhere you want! It’s a friggin beer holder!

I generally have both hands full by the time I get out there so a beer has either just been emptied before I get to the grill and subsequent beer has not been removed from ice.

Just sayin’
Perspective pal, perspective.

I don't think you drink enough!

Back