Chicken Tostada Cups and Street Corn

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
I've been wanting to make these for a while. Finally got around to it over the weekend. Here's the cook.

Used 5" corn/flour blend tortillas to make the cups.

enhance

Sprayed a little oil on them and got on grill.

enhance

In about 10 minutes they were toasted nicely.

enhance

Made a really tasty marinade for the boneless, skinless chicken thighs. Minced garlic, lime juice, oo, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, dried oregano and pepper. Bagged and let sit for a couple of hours. Got them going on the grill.

enhance

enhance

Shredded the chicken and mixed with a cup or so of salsa.

enhance

Bottom layer of refried beans.

enhance

Then the chicken mixture.

enhance

Topped cups with Mexican style cheese blend.

enhance

After about 10

enhance

The corn.

enhance

You can top the cups with anything that sounds good to you. I used black olives, scallions and cilantro. Spread the mayo based topping on the corn.

enhance

This was another fun cook. Thanks for looking.

Looks incredible, Cliff! Absolutely incredible. You definitely know how to get it done. Wish I was pulling up a chair at your table!! Thanks for sharing.

Looks tasty! We've made the tostada cups a few times for gatherings. Been making our own taco bowls all summer. Just made some last night for dinner.

48260181687_9dc9916c79_c.jpg

Cliff, you did it again over the top. It all looks delicious. For the tortillas did you buy them or make them? For the corm it looks like you added some cheese with the majo.

Looks so delicious Cliff!
And beautifully photographed too!
Me thinks you're sometimes too self critical of your skills with a camera, but I get that, since I'm that way with my photos and my cooking.

Thank you all for the nice comments!

For the tortillas did you buy them or make them? For the corm it looks like you added some cheese with the majo.

Barb.... The tortillas themselves are store bought. I made the cups. There's no cheese on this corn Barb. Just a little oil before grilling. The sauce is a half cup mayo, one tsp. chili powder, one tsp. garlic salt and black pepper.

Looks so delicious Cliff!
And beautifully photographed too!
Me thinks you're sometimes too self critical of your skills with a camera, but I get that, since I'm that way with my photos and my cooking.

Thanks Bob. You're too kind. I'm learning but I wish I'd have picked up photography a lot sooner.

Looks great. I'm also thinking those taco cups would be a fine way to use up some leftover pulled pork, brisket, etc. if you were wanting to cook indoors on a crappy weather day.

Back