Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Back At It

TVWBB Pro
    Ya does what makes ya happy....I'm not about to speculate what's better for you.

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Cliff Bartlett's Avatar
    That’s a decision only you can make Phil. If I were you I’d think over you’re recent injury, the difficult rehab and your recent scare thinking you might be left holding the bag with nothing. Sometimes “a bird in the hand is worth......” you know the rest. Good luck with your decision Phil!
    Weber OTG 26.3/4" Kettle, Weber Silver 22 1/2 " Kettle (2), Blue Performer, Jumbo Joe, Smokey Joe (49er Edition), WSM 22 1/2 ", WSM 18 1/2, WSM 14 1/2"

Ok, best news yet! They offered me the customer service job with the new company!
    AND, I'll make more per hour!
    It doesn't open up until the 30th, so I'll be doing the Uber thing for a couple more weeks.
    This is ok, because I'm getting the job that I preferred.
    I have 20+ years experience with batteries and I already know most of the customers.
    I know squat about solvents and parts washing machines.
    Proud veteran of the US Army!

You answered your question. Delighted that it worked out so well for you.
    Old dog, learning new tricks - one cook at a time :-). -14.5" and 18.5" WSM, SS Performer, CB Rotisserie, Camp Chef Smokepro DLX (Modified) Pellet Grill

And, it's officially official! I passed my drug screen and background check. Duh.
    I start next Monday, the 30th!
    While it's been fun and interesting Ubering these last 3 weeks, it'll be nice to have a real job with benefits and stuff!

That is good news. I didn't know you were doing Uber. You will have to write about those experiences. I have often thought about doing it on a limited basis but really don't like strangers in my car. I don't mind dealing with people. Have fun with it actually. But stuffing them into my own car as opposed to a Delta airplane (former Delta flight attendant) not so much

TVWBB Wizard
    Phil it shows good things happen to good people. You must have been respected for that boss to out on a limb for you, which I say kudos to you.
    Congrats Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by LMichaels View Post
    That is good news. I didn't know you were doing Uber. You will have to write about those experiences. I have often thought about doing it on a limited basis but really don't like strangers in my car. I don't mind dealing with people. Have fun with it actually. But stuffing them into my own car as opposed to a Delta airplane (former Delta flight attendant) not so much
    It's been fun, actually! A lot of people acknowledge me and don't say another word until I drop them off. Some people never stop yakking and it's great!
    I've talked about the Panthers, the weather, religion, life in general, business. Pretty much everything but politics. Too divisive.
    I picked up a drunk guy last week at one of the local Sam's clubs. He said that his girlfriend had given him money to go get drunk, then got mad when he did just so! Said that she needed the money for bills.
    Whatever! Had a great time talking to the guy.
    However, I noticed a notification on the app later in the day.
    The fare was taken back because I apparently "picked up the wrong person"!
    WHAT!!!!
    It was only $4 and I'm thinking that the girlfriend got mad that he spent the money, THEN used her Uber account to go home.
    It was only $4, but I was upset about it at the time.

The drunk people are what "scares" me. Would not like some smelly drunk who might puke inside my car. I can yak it up with people just fine. I learned a long time ago even if you don't agree just say "that's a great point" or something to that effect and they're your pal for life

Quote Originally Posted by LMichaels View Post
    The drunk people are what "scares" me. Would not like some smelly drunk who might puke inside my car. I can yak it up with people just fine. I learned a long time ago even if you don't agree just say "that's a great point" or something to that effect and they're your pal for life
    If he had been sloppy, I probably wouldn't have let him in.
    And sloppy drunks are why I only work 6:15 AM to 4 or 5 in the afternoon.
    Now, stinky people are a whole different story!
    I picked up a guy Monday morning. I'm not sure which was worse.
    His BO or the cheap cologne he was wearing!
    I immediately went to Target and bought some Febreeze!
    I had to use it yesterday morning too.
    Picked up a lady at an internet gaming place.
    She was exhaling her cigarette as she was getting in the back seat.
    Now, I'm a former cigarette smoker, but I can't stand the smell of tobacco smoke anymore!
    That, and the excessive perfume were gagging me pretty bad!
    Right after I dropped her at her apartment, I went to another part of the parking lot and Febreezed again!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast