Blue kettle coming back for 2020

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
I'm told that Weber will bring back the blue kettle for 2020. May be a special color for select dealers, like they've done in years past.

Official color name: Deep Ocean Blue

I am hoping the "Ltd. Edition" red kettle was a one-off fiasco. I have not heard any complaints about the quality of the color grills that have been sold in Canada (and I guess Europe) that are now available here. Hopefully, blue will be like it used to be, even if available only in select places. That part is OK with me, because I think places like Ace that emphasize Weber and carry parts, etc. should get privileges that Target or Walmart don't.

"I think places like Ace that emphasize Weber and carry parts, etc. should get privileges that Target or Walmart don't."

Those were my thoughts also when I was talking about the colored *lte lids going to smaller retailers and a different thread.

That's awesome news, Chris. I was just about ready to pull the trigger on a smoke colored master touch, but may wait now.

What was the issue with the red ones?

Very sadly, they apparently were made with poor quality control both in production and shipping to the US. All of the ones I saw were not a deep red but instead a pale, hinting orange shade. Most had a lot of orange peel. And, more than a few had actual chips missing from them still sitting in the store.

5Y7uiBi.jpg

Here are two that were marked down at Home Depot after Christmas 2017:

y64Bbj2.jpg

Compare those to my classic REAL red kettle. No, mine isn't perfect but look at the difference in finish:

zcdw8H3.jpg

Thanks, would make me think cheap knockoffs if I came across them in a store.

We dont have any problems with red version of Master touch, and we sold many pieces. It was popular model - despite the higher price than black one.

We dont have any problems with red version of Master touch, and we sold many pieces. It was popular model - despite the higher price than black one.

The one Weber was nice enough to sell in Europe but not in the US is a MUCH nicer kettle than the “Limited Edition” they brought to the US. No comparison at all. I am hoping the Europe/Canada colors they are now offering in the US will also be high quality.

Back