Rare Genesis 5000

And you have not gone to GET IT YET!!!!!
What are you waiting for?
Get it and I’ll come and pick it up before the snow flies and, give you something for your trouble!! Believe me! It looks really good!
I may be making a weird trip and a side trip to get that rascal would be worth a couple hours off the main course! I’m serious as I can be!

Last edited:
Yah, if you are looking for one, that would probably be worth $125. I would look close at that from however. Not sure if that is rust or just dirt. And what is that on top of the left side shelf??? Hard to tell from the photo and not sure if it part of the grill or not.

And what is that on top of the left side shelf??? Hard to tell from the photo and not sure if it part of the grill or not.

Bruce,
That is the serving shelf. When you got a 5000 Weber gave you both a wooden side table and a porcelain serving shelf, the owner decided which one they wanted to use.

Jeff

If that was within a hundred miles of me I'd be on my way to pick it up. I can't believe how clean it is.

And you have not gone to GET IT YET!!!!!
What are you waiting for?
Get it and I’ll come and pick it up before the snow flies and, give you something for your trouble!! Believe me! It looks really good!
I may be making a weird trip and a side trip to get that rascal would be worth a couple hours off the main course! I’m serious as I can be!

Tim,

I coordinated to get it and was in my truck on my way and the lady texted me and said her office partner sold it without telling her. Sorry brother I tried.

Bobby

Tim,

I coordinated to get it and was in my truck on my way and the lady texted me and said her office partner sold it without telling her. Sorry brother I tried.

Bobby

That SUX. You almost never see a 5000 turn up. Let alone 1 and great condition with all the accessories. I didn't even know about the serving trays until this came up. Learn something new around here everyday.

Yah, Not sure i would even want to grab something like that to rehab. But, it does look intact. I would have to see the inside of the cabinet and get an overall better sense of the grill before I would even consider pursuing it. But, too far for me any way. And like Larry says, $150 would work for someone who really is looking for one of those, but otherwise, I think he is going to have a hard time selling that unless that perfect customer shows up. I do like that red hood over the common Mauve color.

It seems to have the 5000 parts that are often broken or missing. I'm talking mostly about the glass doors. as far as the inside of the cabinet it doesn't really matter that much as long as the back and sides are in decent shape. The bottom was would order a wood slats so nothing to rust out there. The rest is just X000 parts that are still decently available. more pictures or better pictures could tell a different story on its condition, and the way it fits right now I agree the 150 is too high and less the right buyer comes along.

My guess is that the seller kept it going for a while but now it's just an old grill to him. I say that because he mentioned he had replaced some parts. And I also noticed that the wood handle it should have is missing. Probably deteriorated long ago and was replaced with a silver series handle that is on it now.

Since it probably just is an old grill to this person, and he doesn't really realize what it is, an offer of $75 if its bones are in good shape could get you a great start to a 5000.

I can't help it. It's unique and I have a soft spot for unique.

I really need to re-read my posts when using talk to text. The above post should say wood or dura wood in the cabinet. I can't edit on the mobile device that I am using at the moment because when I try it deletes the entire post. As I reread my post I see other things that don't make sense.

ARG!

Tim,

Bobby

Thanks man! At least “We” tried. Sounds like I might be making a trip down to Alabama then over to South Carolina before coming back to Michigan. Since I will have my wife with me, I don’t know just how well she would respond to picking up a grill but, one never knows...

I really need to re-read my posts when using talk to text. The above post should say wood or dura wood in the cabinet. I can't edit on the mobile device that I am using at the moment because when I try it deletes the entire post. As I reread my post I see other things that don't make sense.

ARG!

Jason, I have the same problems exactly when posting with my phone. FIrst, the speech to text thing often screws up and trying to edit a post after it is posted results in deleting it.

Thanks man! At least “We” tried. Sounds like I might be making a trip down to Alabama then over to South Carolina before coming back to Michigan. Since I will have my wife with me, I don’t know just how well she would respond to picking up a grill but, one never knows...

I made a trip from Wisconsin to S. Texas two years ago with my wife and we dropped off a blue lid in Kansas City and one Near Dallas on our way to two different TVWBB members. My wife was OK with that. Seeing as we were in a sedan, she wasn't too keen about me trying to stuff any grills in the back end. hahaha

Damn, you still haven't used that lid with all the grills that you go through????

Chris just created a new Restored Weber Gas Grill Photos sub-forum. That sounds like a perfect place to "debut" that grill.

Interestingly, I am currently working on a Blue Silver B right now.

Last edited:

Back