Rust Belt Chicken Corn Chowder

~Mark~

TVWBB Pro
Last night I made some Rust Belt Chicken Corn Chowder on the Weber Spirit 210.
A little bit of bacon, some chicken, potatoes, creamed and frozen corn, some chicken stalk, and a splash of heavy cream, and a dash of Smoked Paprika to rust the top. Boy did this come out great. I think I'll be making this again this winter.

8ShqIrih.jpg

Last edited:
That sounds awesome and like Rich said soup season is coming. Thanks for sharing that with us.

I have to tell everyone that it was some great chowder the day I made it, but seriously it was fantastic the next day. I don't know what keeping it in the fridge and re-heating it did, but even the wife said it tasted better.

Nice collection of cooking videos you got there. I enjoyed the one of your grandson cooking hot dogs. Also the chicken bacon jalapeño popper looks great!

Looks good. Is there a recipe that you followed or did you wing it?

Thanks for all the kind words.

I've been making chowder for years, so I just kind of made it like I always do. I start by grilling a package of chicken thighs, and I chip that up. I use a 1 gallon dutch oven and start by adding about a half pound of smoked bacon, then I add a half stick of butter. When that's melted I add a quarter cup of flower and cook for a few minutes. Next I add a box of low sodium chicken broth and stir well. Now you can start adding the fun stuff. Cube 2 or 3 medium potatoes about half inch cubes. Add that to the broth and let simmer for about 20 minutes. Now add the chopped chicken, stir in 2 cans of creamed corn. Let that come to a simmer and then add a quart of heavy cream and a pound of frozen corn. Add black pepper to taste. Bring it up to a simmer and serve. It's great with oyster crackers.

I'm glad you liked my YouTube videos. I'm having a lot of fun making them. I try to add 1 or 2 videos a month. Not a bunch, but with my crazy work schedule it's the best I can do.

I'm glad you liked my YouTube videos. I'm having a lot of fun making them. I try to add 1 or 2 videos a month. Not a bunch, but with my crazy work schedule it's the best I can do.

I know it’s not easy to make videos especially editing, adding graphics and other effects. I’ve taken a lot of videos of my kids growing up but I can’t be bothered to edit them.

I’m curious what you are using to film your videos and to edit them?

Keep up the great work!

I have to tell everyone that it was some great chowder the day I made it, but seriously it was fantastic the next day. I don't know what keeping it in the fridge and re-heating it did, but even the wife said it tasted better.

Totally believe that, chowder is one of those things that benefits from sitting in the fridge overnight. Don't know why I have never thought of combining grilled chicken and bacon in a chowder before though, definitely going to do this.

I know it’s not easy to make videos especially editing, adding graphics and other effects. I’ve taken a lot of videos of my kids growing up but I can’t be bothered to edit them.

I’m curious what you are using to film your videos and to edit them?

Keep up the great work!

I use my I phone 8 to video with a lapel mike that plugs into the headphone thing that goes into the fire plug on the phone. To edit the videos I lightworks. I'm not promoting anything, but it's very powerful and free. The intro I made was kind of meshing photoshop and lightworks. I'm not good at it, but I do have fun with it.

Thanks.

Mark,

I loved this recipe. Excellent. Thank you much! How are people seeing your videos? I must’ve missed the link. Mind if I check them out?

Totally believe that, chowder is one of those things that benefits from sitting in the fridge overnight. Don't know why I have never thought of combining grilled chicken and bacon in a chowder before though, definitely going to do this.

My wife has a shellfish allergy, so I'm always trying to come up with different chowder recipes. It seems like I come back to grilled chicken or even better if you have any in the freezer is turkey. But the bacon, and potatoes are a must for what I was told is "Real Chowder" Seriously, I want to try a chicken and mushroom chowder with only 1 can of creamed corn and a whole package of diced Portobello mushrooms along with the potatoes bacon and frozen corn. I think that'd be very good.

Back