World’s largest model railway | railroad

Yep, that layout is amazing the level of detail is incredible. The trains, lights and other electrical items required an electrical sub station to be installed just for the layout.
The substation has enough power to supply a thirty story building.
Makes the one Barb and I built seem like a drop in the bucket
45534003742_cc73ffe5ef_z.jpg
[/url]DSCF0060 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

31712366058_64b023de85_z.jpg
[/url]DSCF0015 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

Rich, I agree with that layout! I have dome G scale stuff which I hope to implement in a modest layout here.

Nice layout, Rich !

Which begs an answer to the question... Where are you planning to be mid-October this year... ???

(we're going to try the Cajon Pass and Indio) ;)

(added hint... 4014)

Last edited:
I like the smaller N scale, it is easier to put away without taking up a lot of space.

Nice layout, Rich !

Which begs an answer to the question... Where are you planning to be mid-October this year... ???

(we're going to try the Cajon Pass and Indio) ;)

(added hint... 4014)

Bob, When I was at the Pomona Fairgrounds helping set up the car swap meet years ago I actually got to get in the cab of the 4014 a few of the club members were working on or maybe evaluating it's condition. I was taking a break and wondered over to take a look and one of the guys in the cab invited me up to take a look.
Man that sucker was huge, being in the cab was like looking out the window of a two story building.
Glad to see it back in service again but unfortunately I won't be able to see it in action.

Last edited:
The 4014 drew huge crowds when it passed through Wisconsin and Illinois this summer. I might enjoy running that 4014 Steamer more than about anything motorized than I can think of. Well, maybe an Indycar.....

Back