Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated

You can follow the manual wifi config process listed here.

TVWBB Diamond Member
    Have you posted exactly what version rPi you are running? I couldn't seem to find that info in the thread....
    Since you mention v4.2 HM hardware I am guessing perhaps you have an older rPi with a wired LAN? If so, I would connect the wired lan to your network and connect to the HM web interface via wired lan, then login to the HM config and scan for wifi from there. At least that will give you some clue what is going on.
    If you don't have wired lan then I would try the AP point SNAPSHOT BUILD and scan for wireless hotspots with a smartphone, connect to HEATERMETER and load the HM web interface from there.
    Last edited by RalphTrimble; 09-11-2019 at 05:03 PM.
    I created the Roto Damper, RD3, HMv4.2 sliding back case, "air-burner" and the "ping-pong" valve in my quest for delicious "set and forget" BBQ.

TVWBB Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphTrimble View Post
    Have you posted exactly what version rPi you are running? I couldn't seem to find that info in the thread....
    Since you mention v4.2 HM hardware I am guessing perhaps you have an older rPi with a wired LAN? If so, I would connect the wired lan to your network and connect to the HM web interface via wired lan, then login to the HM config and scan for wifi from there. At least that will give you some clue what is going on.
    If you don't have wired lan then I would try the AP point SNAPSHOT BUILD and scan for wireless hotspots with a smartphone, connect to HEATERMETER and load the HM web interface from there.
    Best I can tell I am running an original raspberry Pi.

I did the whole WPA2 wireless settings and I am 100% thats correct...

I will check out the wired option I can do that pretty easily but didn't know what the benefit was. I didn't know you can scan for networks? Is that a new feature? Maybe its been a while since I have done that.

I will check the config files tomorrow as well.

My level of frustrating isn't reduced unfortunately but I do appreciate all the help.

TVWBB Diamond Member
    If it just says "Raspberry Pi" I think that means it is an A or B, B with wired LAN and A without...

As far as wired lan, the benefit is that you get your HM working! LOL Connect the rPi wired LAN to network, hopefully DHCP in your router assigns an ip address to the rPi and it is displayed on the HM LCD screen. Connect to that IP address in a browser on a computer connected to the same network and the HM interface will load. From there click CONFIGURATION, once logged in go to NETWORK/WIRELESS and you should see your radio (wireless device) listed there. Click SCAN and it should scan for wifi networks to connect to. Select your wifi and then enter your settings and connect. Once connected to the wifi unplug the lan, reboot the HM and look for the IP address that appears on the screen after it connects to the wifi (watch the wireless device LED for indications of life during this process). If the IP address does not show try going to http://www.heatermeter.com/devices and see if your device and IP are shown there (from a computer on the same network/internet IP as the HM)
    Last edited by RalphTrimble; 09-11-2019 at 05:48 PM.
    I created the Roto Damper, RD3, HMv4.2 sliding back case, "air-burner" and the "ping-pong" valve in my quest for delicious "set and forget" BBQ.

TVWBB Fan
    SSID: Meshnet | Mode: Master
    Wireless is disabled or not associated

TVWBB Diamond Member
    Did you hit SCAN and attempt to connect to your wifi network as described above?

TVWBB Fan
    Did you hit SCAN and attempt to connect to your wifi network as described above?
    I did and connected to the wireless and it appears to be working!

TVWBB Diamond Member
    Working is good!

TVWBB Fan
    Working is good!
    Its been a long time since I configured my heatermeter. I did back up my old one. Is there a way to restore the alarm settings and email settings or should I just stay away from that old one and hope I set it up correctly this time?

I have thermcouple as probe 0 and I set the low and high alarms and my email address and SMS number so I think I am set.

I did notice I couldn't reach my heatermeter again. I had unplugged it from the lan. I did power up the keyboard and hit enter and THEN I could connect. Is this device falling asleep?

Can I see the IP on the LCD display?

Thanks!

Neil

TVWBB Fan
    You know what would be cool? To setup a script to SMS me the IP address assigned on start up. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks!

Neil

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast