Awww...It's a Baby Brisket!

KToliver

TVWBB Fan
Found this little gem in Costco...perfect for an easy Saturday cook! I'll drop it on around 8AM tomorrow:
NACnnCr.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
Plus, I scored a really nice box of apple wood when I picked up some fire wood before the holiday...gotta drop at least one of those in there:
35Bnop6.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
Setup the WSM 18.5 with a 2/3 minion load with 1 apple, 2 pecan, and 2 hickory:
cq3GBph.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
I'll post some pics of the product tomorrow!

Agreed...at that weight, and prime, it must have been a fat little bugger!

Prepped overnight in the coffee/cocoa rub:
JSumfgA.jpg
[/IMG]

And on the smoker at 8AM:
QP3w1Mq.jpg
[/IMG]

I have to say; temp control this time of year in AZ can be a PITA! I always have to consider the ambient temp rise as well as when that sun hits the black dome...it can cause a real spike. I guess I need to consider either an umbrella or an awning of some sort.

Annnndddd...there it is!

Really nice cook today; the wood gave me really consistent smoke all the way through the cook. About 9 hours fridge to table. I ran low and slow early on since the brisket was pretty small; 220-230, and then ramped it up to 260 after I wrapped it.
zITMAQc.jpg

aY8y6hx.jpg

A9Jvm1f.jpg

I was a little worried that it might be dry, but it ended up delicious! I won't hesitate to grab a small one again.

Love the coffee/cocoa/chili rub; very subtle but enhances the "beefiness" nicely!

I always have to consider the ambient temp rise as well as when that sun hits the black dome...it can cause a real spike. I guess I need to consider either an umbrella or an awning of some sort.

Your brisket looks outstanding K. I face the same issues with summertime barbecue. Until I ever get a permanent structure, I went with a 12'x12' Quick Shade canopy. Also hung a roll up shade to knock down that blistering western sun. Worked like a charm.

Back