What's the price for chicken wings in your area?

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
I see some members saying how costly wings are in their area.
We talk brisket, pork butt, etc prices, so I thought it might be interesting to find out what they cost in your neck of the woods. Timely, I would think, with football season starting.

I picked up a jumbo pack of whole fresh wings today for $3.50/lb., smaller packs were $4.00/lb. These weren't on sale, they rarely are.
They also had "party wings" (flats & drummies, no tips) for $5.00/lb.

Last edited:
They're far more expensive than their peasant culinary roots would have you believe. I rarely buy them because they're just way too much $$$

Typically they are about $3.00-$4.00/lb. but, there are bagged IQF five pound deals from time to time. My grand daughter is very fond of them so, I indulge her pretty often when there’s a deal, I snag what I can store.
They should be cheap!
Dang it, now I want some wings! Well, off to the store tomorrow anyway. Thighs are $.88/lb. so, at least one package of those will be broken down into “2 passenger” packages!
I remember flank steak at $.99/lb. too!

CDN pricing: At our Chinese store, wings with broken bones are $1.59, wings wiith unbroken bones are $1.99 Major supermarkets are $4-5 / lb.

Brisket is $6 when you can find it for comparison. Boneless pork loin is $1,99 LB. Loin backs are $2.99 spares are $1,79 to $1.99 / lb.

Last edited:
I just bought 40#'s of wings from US Chef Store for $2.18 a pound ............then after I got home and checked Sams on-line, they were cheaper in bulk. Don't recall exact price, maybe less than $2 .

And WalMart has tyson wings for about $2.30 , if your local store has them in stock.

My grocery store is about $2.90 a pound.

I'll admit, I haven't shopped around for the best price, was at a local chain store today, saw wings, wanted wings, and they're nice and large. We don't eat them very often.

2 weeks ago at WM, $2.69 for the small pack, $2.39 for the large. Tips included.

Last edited:
$2.99/lb. this morning at Meijer’s, where they had sold out of thighs ($.88/lb.), strikes me like an upside down deal but, I’ll go over in the morning and see if they have restocked!

I think it might be time to do the kettle fried chicken recipe!

Last time I looked WM was $3.49 for frozen wings with tips. Local chain stores are about $4.00 to $7.00lb. for fresh. That's why we don't do them. This past new years one of the chain stores wanted $12.99lb.

Sams Club has a 55lb box for $98.00 or roughly $1.78lb of Pilgrims Pride wings.
They come in individual styrofoam trays, not sure on the amount.

Tim

Just doing some simple math.
My 4.25 lb. pack had 15 large whole wings, ten times that amount would be 42.5 lbs, or about 150 wings.
Like I said, I don't do wings very often, so no way would I buy in large quantities.
I've tried the quick frozen bagged wings and did not care for them much.

Yea, I always try to buy fresh from the local Mexi Mart. Prices aren't that bad for jumbo wings.
I just had to put that Sams club out there for comparison.

Tim

We do wings 2 to 4 times a month , I figure 40 pounds last me 6 month at most, and I really don't care if frozen, they get a rub and a sauce on not much meat.

We've been buying the large packs and freezing half of them, anyway.

I've tried the quick frozen bagged wings and did not care for them much.
To be clear, I was referring to the IQF (individually quick frozen) wings, usually sold in 5 lb. bags.
I do freeze fresh ones with no noticeable difference in quality.

Last edited:

Back