Hello from Northern Virginia

Matt E

I'm a Northern Virginia transplant from Pittsburgh going on 11 years now. I'm also on Weber Kettle Club but mostly I use Instagram to post as it is easiest for me.

We moved to Springfield last year and built a new deck which meant more grilling space. After eyeing them for a while I picked up a 26" kettle last month off Craigslist and have been enjoying all of the real estate.
i-RB5btrt-X3.jpg

I'm fixing another 26" up and will probably list it for sale once the parts get in.

I already went to work making a custom "SnS XL" basket with expanded metal to handle lump charcoal using Weber baskets, and the charcoal rails to hold fire bricks and a cut up pizza pan as a drip tray

i-8bKzX6N-X3.jpg

I topped it off with the ABC Easyspin grate that was being clearanced out for easy access to the coals

i-245SFBF-X3.jpg

My Performer has mostly turned into a rotisserie machine now that I have the 26" and BGE to handle any and everything else. Just last week I imported the Weber 17395 Kebab skewers and put it to work over the weekend making the best kebabs I've ever had

https://www.instagram.com/p/B14wvrFAVQ9/

I'm always cooking, just about every night of the week all year long. I just got the new Weber cookbook as a gift and am enjoying going through it and trying some new recipes. Other hobbies include woodworking and motorcycles.

Welcome, Matt! I'm on the border of Centreville and Chantilly. Nice looking stable you've got there.

Welcome! Where did you get that table that is next to the BGE? I need something like that for my deck.
Also, nice BBQ family you got there.

Welcome! Where did you get that table that is next to the BGE? I need something like that for my deck.
Also, nice BBQ family you got there.

It's a Keter Unity XL. Highly recommend it. I keep it outside uncovered and it can take a beating and keeps water out. I put hot stuff on it while cooking.

Back