vegan sues neighbor for BBQing and playing basketball.

People suck.
I have a neighbor who called animal control because another neighbor's cat bit her when she tried to pet it.

I hate it that she’s a prisoner in her own home. She can’t go outside because she smells BBQ and hears kids playing. But the guys BBQing and the kids playing outside is a plus in my book. Get them off the X Box and get the parents outside cooking watching them play. Nothing better. She probably needs to move to a more secluded area given her preferences. I’m glad her case was dismissed. Common sense ain’t that common anymore.

I always get a little jealous when I smell BBQ from one of my neighbors.

Exactly, it encourages me to get something on to my grill ASAP.

Another gratuitous neighbor story: My backyard neighbor shares a fence with us, and we are not social (for many reasons). A few weeks ago he showed up at our front door very agitated about "huge 8-10 foot tall weeds growing in his yard". He was convinced that they had come from my yard:)confused:). Not that I needed to prove anything to him, but we peeked in my backyard. Nope no weeds. He also told me he had to get after his kids for pulling on them and making a mess among other interesting things. The whole conversation was recorded by my video doorbell.

This is also the same neighbor who built his hot tub on a large, raised platform so he and his 'crew' could have a view while relaxing. Unfortunately, us and the surrounding neighbors have the reverse 'view'. :(

The Texas capital city is often referred to as "The People's Republic of Austin" due to it's left-leaning politics, but not when it comes to barbecue. About 4 years ago, a group of residents filed a suit against Terry Black's for releasing the smell of barbecue into their neighborhood. The suit went nowhere and the City Council further told the complainants to take a hike by unanimously voting against a law restricting the smoking of meat within the city limits.

"We will not give up our brisket until you pry it from our cold and greasy dead hands" -- Texas

Jeff

As someone who’s lived in a city apartment their whole life, I get it- there’s nothing worse than an inconsiderate neighbor. (Or, in this case, neighbour.) But on the other hand there has to be a little give and take on both sides, and this woman just sounds like the worst when it comes to that.

In any case, I operate my smoker, gas grill, and kettle in pretty close quarters- and if my neighbor is on his front porch and I’m lighting the grill in the front I make sure to ask him if I’m smoking him out.

I didn’t have any outdoor space in my last condo, but I’ve been operating three grills here, sometimes with overnight smokes, and haven’t had a single complaint in 3 years.

People suck.
I have a neighbor who called animal control because another neighbor's cat bit her when she tried to pet it.

If no rabies vaccination...and many housecats often dont get it...cause live inside
Animal needs to be confined and observed....to not die...or exhibit symptoms..or you have to seek treatment.

Dont need to call animal control....unless not on good terms with owner

Bit by stray....unfortunately you need to catch it and confine it....or kill it and let brain be tested....

Last edited:
I made a comment on another forum that would not be permissible here, but let's just say that it ended with " and the tofu she rode in on."

Back