Broilmaster Haul

Jon Tofte

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Sitting around waiting for the next hurricane update, I have time to catch up on some grill adventures. Last week I had the opportunity to meet up with fellow TVWBB member Chris from GA. He had accumulated quite a collection of Broilmaster stuff that he wanted to unload, and I admit that I still have the desire to make one for myself and maybe a couple more restorations. Surprisingly, I have had the best luck in restore/flips with Broilmasters. We agreed on a selling price for all of his Broilmaster stuff plus a perfect unused set of cast iron grates for the Genesis 300 series.

Chris is from the Atlanta area, while I am from South Florida, so we split the distance and met at the Smokin' Pig BBQ in Valdosta GA.

lQIWlDk.jpg

I still have leftover Broilmaster parts of my own and not too long ago purchased a set of classic wood tray tables from a fellow member Mike in Sacramento. Chris's stash has me well on my way to making three grills. Plus, on the way back I stopped in Orlando to make an OfferUp purchase picking up a new in-the-box set of stainless grates for the larger size Broilmaster for only $25:eek:. I already have a used but readily salvageable set of the smaller grates and Chris' stash included another large stainless set. Add to that some cast iron grates and I should be able to outfit the two large "3" models and one smaller "4" model. My wife is thrilled:eek:!

Here is my haul after arriving back home:

gQBbWbo.jpg

Good idea to stick with what has worked in the past Jon. Good luck and I am looking forward to the photos when you get them done.

Jon, it was great meeting you and I know you will bring to life these Broilmaster much better that I could ever have 🤙
Glad they found a good home with a forum member 😁

One thing about BM grills is they're not really common and people who want them know what they're buying and actually WANT what they're buying

Jon, it was great meeting you and I know you will bring to life these Broilmaster much better that I could ever have ��
Glad they found a good home with a forum member ��

Thanks, Chris! Enjoyed getting together with you, too. Hope we can do it again, maybe with our own bbq:D. When this thing is over I will look forward to seeing what I can do to make some nice Broilmasters. My wife wishes I was the one selling off my inventory:rolleyes:!

Jon, just tell her that you are just acquiring grill parts so that you have enough to make one big sell off.

Back