Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051

Thread: New Weber pellet grills for 2020

TVWBB Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneF View Post
    In addition to the questions of reliability of the information, the nice thing about a WiFi connected grill is that auger and fan control algorithms can be adjusted via a software update.
    Speaking of software updates, saw the question answered on Amazon -

Q - Can you smoke foods at a set temperature under 200? If so how low?

A - Hello! At launch, SmokeFire units will only be able to go as low as 200 F, but there are plans for a "Smoke Boost" feature, that will be rolled out via an update later, which should alter the low temperature range. Thanks!

So they are already planning updates to the product.

Smoke Boost is described as - "If you’re craving even more of that unmistakable, wood fired taste, then add a boost of smoke to the recipe. Select Smoke Boost at the beginning of the cook, and pellets will smoke and smolder between 165-200°, adding an extra smoky flavor to food."
    WSM 14.5 - WSM 18.5 - Performer 22.5 - Q1200

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Bob Correll's Avatar
    Question:
    My understanding is the app is just being finished up. Any idea when it will be fully operational?

Answer:
    Hello! When units are launched, and shipped out in mid to late January, the unit will have a wide range of functionality, with updates rolling out soon after, with additional features. Thanks!

By Weber Grills MANUFACTURER on December 7, 2019
    Last edited by Bob Correll; 12-07-2019 at 02:26 PM.

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Rich Dahl's Avatar
    Wonder if those additional features have been tested enough to insure they work as planned.
    "Rescuing just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog."

This is classic of the types of things that "wait and see" people are looking to avoid along with glitches that are inevitable, particularly with electronics.

The early adopters will be "guinea pigs" and be the real testers. But, I am not trying to dissuade anyone from buying one as they hit the retail sales floors, just be aware that you will be buying a product that isn't fully functional or without glitches. Customer feedback over the first few months will help drive the future updates and fixes. I expect Weber to be very receptive to customer issues and complaints over this time period. It would only benefit them to get good feedback and help the launch run as smooth as possible.

I highly recommend early adopters to make sure they register their Smokefire right away so that Weber can reach out when ever they have updates or are looking for feedback.
    Some people rescue dogs and cats. I rescue Webers.

TVWBB Hall of Fame Timothy F. Lewis's Avatar
    All good suggestions, as usual, Bruce!
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

Bruce's comments are definitely good points. I think Weber will be trying extra hard to make early adopter customers happy, so while they may face some issues they will also get extra hand holding.
    Genesis Platinum Skyline 3200 CharQ,Q2200"Flat-top" 26 Kettle Red,Black 22” 1Touch Platinum, Black '74 18”, SJ. 2 many projects!

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Rich Dahl's Avatar
    This is going to be a game changer for Weber and I'm sure that they won't ship the grills until their comfortable with all the resources are in place to support whatever comes up. Because of Weber's reputation for great customer service I would not hesitate to be first in line for a SmokeFire.
    Last edited by Rich Dahl; 12-08-2019 at 10:02 AM.
    "Rescuing just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog."

TVWBB Member
    Game-changer. I keep seeing that everywhere. Not sure it will take over all the diffetent grills. But I do hope it is well engineered and works well for both low n slow, and hot n fast bbq. Not as worried for high temps. I guess if it is to replace all grills, as a all-in-one, it needs to. But I will be ecstatic if it just does bbq reliably and repeatedly well. With a side dose of ease. I also have an event early January that this would be great for. Hmmmph.

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051