Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: New Weber pellet grills for 2020

TVWBB Member
    I love that new RecTec wifi controller. I put one in my Pitboss Copperhead 5, makes life much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Correll View Post
    I looked at Pit Boss pellet grills at Lowe's yesterday, one thing I noticed was how low the control panel is, you'd have to stoop to set it.
    The latest Weber FB tease shows their panel above the side table.

Looks like the Smoke Fire will have four meat probes rather than only two like my Rec Tec.
    Genesis Platinum Skyline 3200 CharQ,Q2200"Flat-top" 26 Kettle Red,Black 22 1Touch Platinum, Black '74 18, SJ. 2 many projects!

There are other images out there. Is there a reason they're not posted here?
    18...22......... Not quite the same but close

Quote Originally Posted by Peter K View Post
    There are other images out there. Is there a reason they're not posted here?
    Not that I can see. Why not share images or links to them? We are all very curious and hoping Weber hits a home run with this one.
    Genesis Platinum Skyline 3200 CharQ,Q2200"Flat-top" 26 Kettle Red,Black 22 1Touch Platinum, Black '74 18, SJ. 2 many projects!

TVWBB Honor Circle Timothy F. Lewis's Avatar
    It’s just teasing, think...
    “Film at eleven”!
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Rich Dahl's Avatar
    Here's a link to an article about the new Weber pellet grill the author mentions that he got some of the information from Chris.

https://www.derrickriches.com/weber-pellet-grill/
    "Rescuing just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog."

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Bob Correll's Avatar
    Good read, thanks Rich.

Question for Chris A, if you see this.
    Do you plan to get one of these? It would be nice if Weber sent you one for a review.

I'm regretting buying my 26" Kettle cuz this pellet pooper could do what I bought the 26 for ... and a lot more. Yeah, its a lot more money but has a lot more uses.
    2002 18" WSM , 1999 22 Kettle , 1983 Smokey Joe , 2019 26" Kettle , 2016 Spirit 3 Gasser , Old Country Brazos offset smoker

TVWBB Honor Circle Timothy F. Lewis's Avatar
    Yes, thank you Rich! Very interesting, I don’t think I will be able to justify the price to the CFO so, I will have to be satisfied with enjoying one of those by proxy!
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Rich Dahl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy F. Lewis View Post
    Yes, thank you Rich! Very interesting, I don’t think I will be able to justify the price to the CFO so, I will have to be satisfied with enjoying one of those by proxy!
    When I first brought up the idea of getting a pellet grill to Barb her reply was "in your dreams Bozo". This was before I learned about Weber's introduction of a pellet grill. I causally told her about Weber's, at least what I knew she seemed interested. After we talked about downsizing our fleet of ten Weber's and gaining some much needed space in our small back yard she said "will see".

Also I checked with one of the fire management folks and he said they were aware of the increase in pellet grills but they didn't have enough information yet to determine if they would allow there use during fire restrictions. He was inclined to think they would be allowed due to the fact the fire is more incapsulated vs. a charcoal grill.

But like you said Tim I'm not sure the finance minister / war dept. is going to buy in. My next approach is to calculate which grills would go and which I will keep and see if I can come up with the cash by selling some and no money will come out of the household budget. Then I'm sure I'd have a winner.
    Last edited by Rich Dahl; 11-08-2019 at 10:39 AM.
    "Rescuing just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog."

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast