Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: New Weber pellet grills for 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Dahl View Post
    I understand those that have a passion for using charcoal or wood for their cooking. But you say "give me that personal attention to my food" Okay you give personal attention when prepping it seasoning, brine, marinade whatever., but how much attention do you give it when it's on the smoker or grill besides maybe basting it or wrapping it all you're really are doing is monitoring the fire and temps. Same as any type of grill. I just don't see where the cooking device is going to be the game changer. Having experienced food off of a pellet grill I can say it's as good as any I've had off a WSM, it ain't hospital food that's for sure.
    Rich,

Totally agree. And to be clear, I will NEVER give up my kettles! I just think pellet grills give you another good option, especially when time is not readily available to enjoy tending a charcoal fire.

p.s. I don't get any commissions from Rec Tec or any pellet grill company!
    Genesis Platinum Skyline 3200 Q1200"Flat-top" 26 Kettle Red,Black 22s 1Touch Platinum, Black '74 18, JJ & SJ. Projects: Genesis 4, 2 many!

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Rich Dahl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Tofte View Post
    Rich,

Totally agree. And to be clear, I will NEVER give up my kettles! I just think pellet grills give you another good option, especially when time is not readily available to enjoy tending a charcoal fire.

p.s. I don't get any commissions from Rec Tec or any pellet grill company!
    You should get commissions ! nor will I ever give up my performer or my gassers.
    Last edited by Rich Dahl; 09-10-2019 at 02:47 PM.
    "Rescuing just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog."

TVWBB Pro
    "nor will I ever give up my performer or my gassers."

You can have my grills when you pry them from my cold dead

Spatula, tongs, or whatever I'm using at the moment 😋

TVWBB Honor Circle Timothy F. Lewis's Avatar
    Yep, Iím not giving up any of my outdoor cooking equipment, ever!
    If my brother does not recover as well from his stroke, it is not impossible that. I could possibly inherit his Traeger, I would prefer to simply enjoy the fruits of the pellet pooper at his house with him!
    Last edited by Timothy F. Lewis; 09-10-2019 at 03:32 PM.
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

TVWBB Fan
    Prayers sent for your brother

Will hold out a special prayer for your brother. I fully understand the feeling being a stroke survivor myself (miraculously no disability and full recovery), now we're praying til it hurts for our sister but by all indications it looks like she's not going to make thanks to a very rare sarcoma

Timothy,

I join with the others in supporting you and him with prayers.
    Genesis Platinum Skyline 3200 Q1200"Flat-top" 26 Kettle Red,Black 22s 1Touch Platinum, Black '74 18, JJ & SJ. Projects: Genesis 4, 2 many!

TVWBB Honor Circle Timothy F. Lewis's Avatar
    Thanks guys, I do appreciate it! Will be going to visit him before he comes home from rehab on the 20th. I am encouraged by the strides he’s made since it happened! The facility works the patient pretty hard, if he keeps at it, he should be pretty well able to do most anything. He’s halfway through an 11’ Norwegian pram build that I’m not sure I have the chops to help complete very well. At best he was kind of hard to work with on things like this. Now? I just don’t know.
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Bob Correll's Avatar
    Teaser post on FB;
    'Where there’s smoke... there’s SmokeFire. Check back to see what happens when the smoke clears.'

and a Pit Boss Kamado

Bob,
    Thanks for posting. I think it is going to be fun to watch the roll-out and learn more. Weber needs this to be a successful
    launch.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast