Bought a replacement for my 13 year old WSM

Scott P.

TVWBB Super Fan
My 13 year old WSM has seen better days. There is a small hole that formed in the bottom bowl. The charcoal grate (second one) is falling apart from use. The door itself is pretty wonky and I have to wedge a seashell in the handle to keep it closed. It sits outside 24/7 in Houston weather and it eventually took its toll. That and a few thousand pounds of Kingsford through the years.

I got an email alert from craigslist for Weber. I open up to see an 18" WSM that looks pretty clean. I emailed the guy this morning and picked it up this afternoon.

I got a new looking WSM that was used four times before he moved to a Traeger. I also got a big bin with four or five partially opened bag of briquettes, two bags of wood chunks and a cover for the WSM. The price? $100.

This weekend I get to try and get the long bolt out of the vent to mount the blower for my Stoker so I can fire it up for a weekend brisket.

That sounds like an awesome find... Congrats! Also it sounds like your old WSM lived a very full life. Hope you enjoy you new purchase!

Back